• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

PSC and Ericson

gulfcoaster

Member III
E-mailed Mr. Brodie of PSC. I inquired about the PSC acquisition and Ericson. His response was appreciated but not encouraging. They moved all PSC records and tooling to Carolina. The Ericson records and tooling for the 38 were there but the acquisition didn't include Ericson. The only tooling left was for the 38. He believes the landlord or the next tenant probably cleared them out. Guess Ericson is RIP.

Cory B

Sustaining Member
35-3 Molds

Rumor had it these guys had the molds to the 35-3 at one point...

HINSEARCH_LXL.PNG

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Rumor had it these guys had the molds to the 35-3 at one point...

View attachment 14120

I looked up the address on Google Earth. The E-35-3 molds appear to be out baking in the sun, along with a lot of other misc boat molds.
Upper left of the indicated place for the address. Given the years of exposure to UV, I would wonder if they are useable nowadays.
:esad:

Loren

Last edited:

Roger

Member II
Any molds left uncovered in the sun, particularly black ones, would only last a few months I'm afraid.

clp

Member III
Man would I like to find one of those. A plug even. 57 acres of boatyard here, I would HAVE to try and see if I couldn't cast one. It's a minor dream actually. I've built some rough boats, I MEAN recomms. But a new hull from the ground up? Wow. I could easily build one for 70 thousand dollars, and sell it for 40..

(And whereabouts in the Carolinas would some of this lie? That's a day trip for me).

Last edited: