• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

saw this ad 911se

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
1990 Olson 911 SE

Looks like a 'fire sale' price.
Nothing in the photos that explains the low $, and the ad sez the engine is newer.
Wow!
I will attach part of the narrative and a picture from the site.

"Contact Information
Contact Steve Aichele
Phone: 562-491-0067
Price: $13,900.00
More Information
30 feet w/6+’ headroom; new standing and hi-tech running rigging; rebuilt mast; NKE Instruments; at 126, a PHRF machine.

The Olson 911SE was designed by Carl Schumacher and built by Ericson as a racer/cruiser.

She sails great, excels at buoy racing, and is well regarded for solo or two-handed offshore work.

Unfortunately, my complex family life keeps me busy ashore and broke. So the boat’s gotta go. Now."

Attachments

• Olson-911SE-with-Boom-Cover-10-3-2012-The-Log-large.jpg
    Olson-911SE-with-Boom-Cover-10-3-2012-The-Log-large.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 1,596
Last edited:

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Looks like a 'fire sale' price.
Nothing in the photos that explains the low $, and the ad sez the engine is newer.
Wow!
I will attach part of the narrative and a picture from the site.

"Contact Information
Contact Steve Aichele
Phone: 562-491-0067
Price: $13,900.00
More Information
30 feet w/6+’ headroom; new standing and hi-tech running rigging; rebuilt mast; NKE Instruments; at 126, a PHRF machine.

The Olson 911SE was designed by Carl Schumacher and built by Ericson as a racer/cruiser.

She sails great, excels at buoy racing, and is well regarded for solo or two-handed offshore work.

Unfortunately, my complex family life keeps me busy ashore and broke. So the boat’s gotta go. Now."

Loren,

That boat is one row over from where I keep mine.

The boat was a repo that was sold at auction by the Marine Dept. at Alamitos Bay. I was looking for a boat at the time and was down there for the auction and did take a look on board. It was pretty rough down below at that time, and was larger than I wanted to go. (I was downsizing from a Catalina 30 I had just sold and wasn't interested in getting another 30 footer.)

I later saw the boat moved over to Holiday Harbor in San Pedro, which is where that photo shows it (on E-row). The new owner (whom I don't know) did seem to put a fair amount of work into it, at least as far as what I could see from the outside in terms of rigging, cleaning up the hull, etc. But I have no idea what the inside looks like since I had only seen it when it was at the repo dock the day of the auction. I did hear that the owner bought it for a pretty low price, so that might account for the current pricing.

Sorry I don't have more details than this.

--Alan

Pokey

Member II
Alan,

You are correct. The boat was purchased in the Long Beach auction. I had big plans for racing her and replaced the all standing and running rigging with hi-tech gear.

But I made a huge mistake by not getting my wife and family behind the project. So the boat's become a real sore subject on the home front. That's the biggest reason for the low price. I just need it out of my life.

The boat is a little rough, cosmetically, but is solid and clean. The biggest unfinished project is the headliner. I've removed it and started the prep work for painting the ceiling. But there's still a bit of work left to do: Maybe two weekends of prep and a weekend to paint. Alternatively, it could be re-upholstered.

The motor is not new, but starts every time and runs well. When I bought the boat, I had the starter replaced, injectors cleaned/replaced, belt replaced, filters and fluids changed, and the fuel polished.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Steve Aichele

Alan Gomes

Sustaining Partner
Alan,

You are correct. The boat was purchased in the Long Beach auction. I had big plans for racing her and replaced the all standing and running rigging with hi-tech gear.

But I made a huge mistake by not getting my wife and family behind the project. So the boat's become a real sore subject on the home front. That's the biggest reason for the low price. I just need it out of my life.

The boat is a little rough, cosmetically, but is solid and clean. The biggest unfinished project is the headliner. I've removed it and started the prep work for painting the ceiling. But there's still a bit of work left to do: Maybe two weekends of prep and a weekend to paint. Alternatively, it could be re-upholstered.

The motor is not new, but starts every time and runs well. When I bought the boat, I had the starter replaced, injectors cleaned/replaced, belt replaced, filters and fluids changed, and the fuel polished.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

Steve Aichele

Hello, Steve. Nice to meet you.

Sorry things didn't work out for you to keep her. But in the big scheme of things you are certainly making the right choice.

My E26-2 (Spartina) actually used to be on your row and I'd walk by your boat every time I'd go to mine. I've moved over to D-row now.

I've always thought your boat was really sweet looking and it's obvious you put some effort into fixing it up. I'm sure you'll have no problem selling her.

Regards,
Alan

Pokey

Member II
Boat's sold and will be moving to Dana Point. Told the new owner about the site. Expect to hear from him.

Thank you all for the help over the past couple of years.