• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

U.S. Navy rescues family.

C. Trembanis

Member III
Type of Boat??

I knew the name of the boat "Rebel Heart" when I heard it on the CBS evening news last night. Since I have been folowing Sven & Nancy's blog, I knew that they had cruised along side Rebel Heart down in Mexico on an off quite a bit.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-navy-rescues-family-with-sick-baby-from-disabled-sailboat-1.1763175

Prayers to the Family.

Anyone know the type of sailboat they sailed on. Looks like a Hans Christiansen or Baba???

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
US Navy rescues family

I am a member of Women Who Sail, group on FaceBook. The boat was an Hans Christian 36, now sunk to avoid any danger to other marine craft.
The family are receiving a bashing on the public media. Those of us who sail, love the sea, are educated to manage the dangers of the elements and wish
to teach our children about life, can appreciate this families dreams. Better to experience life first hand than to sit comfy on a couch using only electronic
devices to seek adventure. I applaud this family, their decision to take their children with them, and the terribly tough decision to scuttle their home.
Marty Crichlow
sv Brigadoon, 1979 Ericson 35-II

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I am a member of Women Who Sail, group on FaceBook. The boat was an Hans Christian 36, now sunk to avoid any danger to other marine craft.
The family are receiving a bashing on the public media. Those of us who sail, love the sea, are educated to manage the dangers of the elements and wish
to teach our children about life, can appreciate this families dreams. Better to experience life first hand than to sit comfy on a couch using only electronic
devices to seek adventure. I applaud this family, their decision to take their children with them, and the terribly tough decision to scuttle their home.
Marty Crichlow

Me too Marty!

No reason for the haters..

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
He has a blog. It ends, let's say, suddenly.

http://www.therebelheart.com/

I could not find anything about the "Loss of steering and communication" issue that allegedly ended the sail. The tone of the blog does give some insight into personality.

paul culver

Member III
Marty Crichlow

Well said! I wonder if the author of the "Curve of Time" (discussed in another thread on this site) experienced the same animosity being heaved at this family.

Paul
W29 "Bear"

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
If they had taken the kids in the minivan for a Sunday drive and had a wreck killing on of the children it would be a tragedy but no one would second guess the family's decision to go out for ice-cream or the likes.. I always feel the most dangerous part of a sail in the Atlantic or the Gulf of Mexico is the 6 hour drive to the water not the sailing. There are always those that feel going beyond the Nerf world most people lives in is reckless.

May they ignore those that are bashing them and I hope the sick child a speedy recovery and another boat in their future.