• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Raft Up for Chesapeake Ericsons... does this still happen? If not, let's organize

Scott Abbott

Member III
I have been working on my boat for three years now and sailing it on the Bay just up river from Deltaville on the Rappahannock River. I am interested in finding out if there is an Ericson Raft Up on the Chesapeake Bay. If not... there should be. Let's get one going! A good place to meet? Any centrally located place with a good bar. Hell, I think it would be cool to sail and meet up on Tangier?

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
1970 Ericson 32 On Northern Bay

I'm up on the Northern bay, almost to the C&D canal. Not ready to venture to Tangier yet. I'll be more active in a few years once the crew grows a little. I'm aiming for the 2020 Delmarva Circumnavigation. It will take about that long to make the necessary repairs and modifications. I'm in the process of installing new engine mount rails and an Atomic 4 with about 100 hours.

If there are any events planned north of the Bay Bridge, I may be able to make it.

I'd also like to find a spare parts exchange list for the region. It would probably be as simple as someone posting a "Hey, I need this part" post in the forum.

Best Wishes,
Dean

cswim

E29 Northern Bay

I am in Middle River with an E-29. I am refitting several items. I have a newly rebuilt Atomic-4 and a new 30A-charger/batteries/wiring//shore power (the good) and a crazed topside that needs attention (the bad). I too am looking at a Delmarva circumnavigation in the future although I am looking to do it much sooner than 2020!

I am envious of your 32 and wish I had a larger boat.

Chuck

Last edited:

Macgyro

Amazingly Still Afloat
Blogs Author
Larger boat

That's why we moved up to the 32 from a 26' Islander, but it's not all roses and cherries. My 200lb mooring is not quite adequate, and surveys, haul outs, and transient slips are more expensive now. The room on the inside is about the same, and the hull speed is similar. The 5' draft in the upper bay is a little challenging as well. Not to mention, the work involved in fixing an affordable 32.

I'm making most of the same updates to the 32. I'm getting ready to put in a newer Atomic 4, I've disconnected the AC Shore power until I can update it. Plus installed the new bulkhead over the winter. I still need to repaint the hull and deck, and reseal the deck fittings.

I'd love to make it down to Tangier, in prep for the loop, but it will be a few years even for that. The youngest of my crew is 3, and usually is good for about 3 hours of sailing per day. If we can organize a day in the fall between Rock Hall and Havre de Grace, I might be able to make it depending on my work schedule. I'm not sure of any events other than downrigging weekend in Chestertown, MD, but that's pretty far up the Chester. At least there are plenty of anchorages nearby.

Dean

steven

Sustaining Member
We're on the Severn. Second week of July or later wold be ok from Patapsco to Solomons. Or Eastern Bay of similar latitudes (say, Chester to the Miles).
Tangier is just a bit out of our weekend range.

Kicking around Annapolis - Magothy - South River area almost every weekend.
Look for us if you are in the vicinity.

--Steve