• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Drawer Latches (1985 E32-3)

Mindscape

Member III
Does anyone know of a place to get replacement latches for the push button drawer latches that came on the 1985 E32-3? Thanks in advance.

Joseph Tokos

Drawer latches

If you are talking about the black plastic push button latches in the galley drawers, I'm looking, too! I'll let you know if I find a source.

Joe T.
E34 Seiche
Duluth, MN

Roger

Member II
Drawer Latch Source

Reviving an old thread, as I had need for these latches on my own boat recently. After a lot of searching, I found the same latches that Ericson used at a reasonable price (as these are aircraft certified parts, some suppliers wanted outrageous prices, as high as $288 each!!!). The latches are Adams Rite AR170-5. They're available from Eagle Creek Aviation Services - 800-487-3331 - for about $12 each.

AR170.gif

Geoff W.

Makes Up For It With Enthusiasm
Blogs Author
Bumping an ancient thread to see if anyone else has had to do this recently. I called the aviation supply above and they have the drawer latches, but want $40!!! Boat prices, man.

bgary

Advanced Beginner
Blogs Author
Bumping an ancient thread to see if anyone else has had to do this recently. I called the aviation supply above and they have the drawer latches, but want $40!!! Boat prices, man.

I have four drawers and two tilt-out bins that use those push-buttons. I think one of them still works. The others have been supplanted by baby-proofing latches like these:

install-child-proof-cabinet-latches-700x656.jpg

Cheap, no moving parts, easy to install, etc.

I (personally) have always thought the push-buttons were a pain anyway... it seems awkward to push on a button with one finger while the rest of your hand is trying to pull to open the drawer. Maybe that's just me (I've never claimed to be coordinated...)

Bruce

nquigley

Sustaining Member
Well, that's better than $148 ...
https://aeroval.com/ref/490577/AR170-5/
- absurd!
(I'm glad mine all still work. ... having said that, maybe I'll have a failure soon)

Seem to be a few possible solutions at Fisheries Supply, like ($12):
https://www.fisheriessupply.com/sea-dog-line-push-button-rim-latches