• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

M25 Service and Parts Manuals

PkandLisa

I am having some engine issues and would like to buy the Service Manual (and Parts manual?). I found two sources online and one says the service manual has a "photocopy quality, with some broken lines, etc." I have a couple of questions on this:

1) if you've found a good quality service manual, can you please point me in the right direction to buy one?
2) what's the parts manual versus the service manual and do I really need both to do work on the engine?

As for the engine issues (for those of you interested) - I overheated last fall (I have learned my lesson and will check the coolant levels every trip and my hoses periodically:eek: ). Now my engine doesn't start like it did before...a puff of smoke comes out with the startup and the last time I started it had a tough time getting going, revving up and down and konking out a few times. The problem went away when the engine warmed up. I've spoken with someone at Boat US and he suspects I've worn the piston and/or cylinder and oil is slipping through (causing the smoke) and air is slipping through (causing the revving) until the engine warms up. I am a do it yourselfer (otherwise my mistakes like this overheating would cost me way too much!) and he believes I could do a 'valve job' myself.

So my questions regarding the problem are:

3) does this diagnosis sound right?
4) is this work reasonably straightforward and what should I lookout for?

Thank you,
Parker

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Manuals?

http://www.marinedieseldirect.com/

Here is the URL for a large 'net Universal dealer. I purchased both manuals over the counter from a local dealer.
I find that I do refer to both, for maint. jobs.
I hope that you can find a good mechanic to diagnose your other problems.

Best,
Loren

escapade

Inactive Member
manuals

You can also get the manuals from www.marinepartssource.com.
I have a set for my M25XP from them. They are "new", not photocopies. Have a lot of pertinent info, such as torque values, clearances, timing procedures, etc. Well worth the price if you do your own work.
Have fun & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade"

PkandLisa

Thank you - I bought the service manual from marinedieseldirect.com - they had the parts manual online and I saved the web pages to my computer.

Parker