• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1976 E23 II Seattle (Lake Union moorage)

GregB

Member II
Before I go onto Craig's list with this:

We upgraded to a 32-3 and I am about to doll up our 23 to sell. This is a really a great, brand new in 2013, lovingly broken in Tohatsu 6HP long shaft ($1300+- value) that comes with a good old boat ($2,500+- value as is.)

Of course at this point in the season she is a little green, needs a bit of this and that (mast light is out etc.). In stalking Craigslist and Lake Union for the last two years, I have seen packages such as this go for $5,000 on a sunny day (too much, and that was a Catalina for god's sake!) and I have seen them fire sale for $2,500 (too little, desperate seller, junky boat). I am going to start working her over and probably list it for $4,500 to the CL general public as the (modest) project list gets accomplished.

If someone comes from the Ericson community I will make them a better deal. If someone jumps up now and saves me some scrubbing time I would let her go for $3K.

This is a terrific 1st keel boat. A wonderful "duck dodge" boat (moorage is right off the course.)

I am not looking for top $$ from my Ericson brethren, just a fair deal. If I go out to CL I'm going to have to get cynical, cagey and defensive.

Anyone interested in some good cheap fun?

GregB

Member II
Sheesh... something I said?!

Wow - no commentary at all? I guess I am bumping once and then I will go scrub her and pop it on Craig's list for $3,700.:confused:

Before I go onto Craig's list with this:

We upgraded to a 32-3 and I am about to doll up our 23 to sell. This is a really a great, brand new in 2013, lovingly broken in Tohatsu 6HP long shaft ($1300+- value) that comes with a good old boat ($2,500+- value as is.)

Of course at this point in the season she is a little green, needs a bit of this and that (mast light is out etc.). In stalking Craigslist and Lake Union for the last two years, I have seen packages such as this go for $5,000 on a sunny day (too much, and that was a Catalina for god's sake!) and I have seen them fire sale for $2,500 (too little, desperate seller, junky boat). I am going to start working her over and probably list it for $4,500 to the CL general public as the (modest) project list gets accomplished.

If someone comes from the Ericson community I will make them a better deal. If someone jumps up now and saves me some scrubbing time I would let her go for $3K.

This is a terrific 1st keel boat. A wonderful "duck dodge" boat (moorage is right off the course.)

I am not looking for top $$ from my Ericson brethren, just a fair deal. If I go out to CL I'm going to have to get cynical, cagey and defensive.

Anyone interested in some good cheap fun?

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Sales gambit when selling a boat that would be a first boat: in the add, offer sailing instruction to buyers.
It seems folks are attracted to a seller who will show them the ropes--denotes non rip-off. Has worked for me twice.

CW from iphone

GregB

Member II
So nice of you to offer!

Christian - you are willing to come all the way up here to teach them to sail? Wow - I heard you were a nice guy but that seems over the top!!

Actually - that is a great idea. I am willing to teach them both things that I know: Don't hit the dock, and don't hit anything else either.

I am pretty confident that there is nothing wrong with the boat (I haven't hauled it) and I am very confident in the motor since i have had it since it was a baby.

Time to get cleaning! If it would only stop raining for a day or two...

I really want to work on my 32-3 instead though. I am sure you understand!

Sales gambit when selling a boat that would be a first boat: in the add, offer sailing instruction to buyers.
It seems folks are attracted to a seller who will show them the ropes--denotes non rip-off. Has worked for me twice.

CW from iphone

GregB

Member II
Now on Seattle Craigslist for $4,100

$4,100 because I had to list her for more than the prevailing $hi++y Catalinas! She cleaned up pretty nicely too. We had her out for a sail last week - someone is going to get a nice ride!

Christian - you are willing to come all the way up here to teach them to sail? Wow - I heard you were a nice guy but that seems over the top!!

Actually - that is a great idea. I am willing to teach them both things that I know: Don't hit the dock, and don't hit anything else either.

I am pretty confident that there is nothing wrong with the boat (I haven't hauled it) and I am very confident in the motor since i have had it since it was a baby.

Time to get cleaning! If it would only stop raining for a day or two...

I really want to work on my 32-3 instead though. I am sure you understand!

GregB

Member II
Price drop

I just dropped to $3,700. It pains me to be priced with the catalinas, but we must do what we must do.

There are a couple of well found catalinas in the same price range at the moment if someone wants one. (Can't think of why one would... perhaps destruction testing?):0