• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2014 Rendesvous Information

Kerry Kukucha

Member II
Count NAKESA in!

I've just booked dock space, so the good sloop NAKESA will be there; looking forward to meeting ya'll!

cheers,

Kerry

Attachments

• Nakesa July 2012.jpg
    Nakesa July 2012.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 230

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous 2014

I've just booked dock space, so the good sloop NAKESA will be there; looking forward to meeting ya'll!

cheers,

Kerry

Looking forward to meeting you Kerry! I checked the grand total of registered boats today and we are up to 12, with more people that have said that they are attending but haven't actually registered yet, THAT total brings us to 20 boats!! It's shaping up to be a grand party!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Another O-34 signs up

I called the marina and booked a slip for us today.
One interesting bit of trivia: they say to call them on channel 66-alpha, when approaching and we will receive a slip assignment on the "north side of the Hotel dock".
Very gracious on the phone and we look forward to our visit.

I can only hope that the US dollar stays strong..... cost per night there is about $50. (!)
(Mooring at an all-volunteer-operated yacht club, I tend to forget just how expensive regular commercial marinas are.)

Guess we'd better study up on our list of "Recips"... :)

Will there be a prize for furthest distance traveled? Oldest Olson? Oldest Owner? Most Confused?
:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Loren and Kathy

Attachments

• O-34 Adult Sail program.jpg
    O-34 Adult Sail program.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous 2014

I called the marina and booked a slip for us today.
One interesting bit of trivia: they say to call them on channel 66-alpha, when approaching and we will receive a slip assignment on the "north side of the Hotel dock".
Very gracious on the phone and we look forward to our visit.

I can only hope that the US dollar stays strong..... cost per night there is about $50. (!)
(Mooring at an all-volunteer-operated yacht club, I tend to forget just how expensive regular commercial marinas are.)

Guess we'd better study up on our list of "Recips"... :)

Will there be a prize for furthest distance traveled? Oldest Olson? Oldest Owner? Most Confused?
:rolleyes:

Cheers,

Loren and Kathy

Yaaaaay! Glad you two can make it. We do have a door prize for first Olson to register, but that one is already spoken for. As for the boat that travels the farthest to get to the rendezvous - why yes! We do have a prize for that category. We'll just have to see how things unfold as to the winner of that category, but you are definitely in the running!

Looking forward to seeing you both, not to mention all of the upgrades and refurbishing to your boat.

Joe and Helga

Mike H

Member I
We'll be calling the marina tomorrow to book a spot. Last year was great, really looking forward to another rendezvous.
Thanks Helga and Joe. Mike and Ruth Positive Results

InSync

Member II
2014 Rendezvous

We'll be calling the marina tomorrow to book a spot. Last year was great, really looking forward to another rendezvous.
Thanks Helga and Joe. Mike and Ruth Positive Results

Glad to have you both join us again. CA and Wanda from "Nimue" and Vivian from "TS Farley" are also part of this year's rendezvous organizing team and it looks like we have several new boats (or at least boats we haven't met yet) joining the rendezvous. It'll be fun checking out the other boats and hearing stories of modifications that did and didn't work.
look forward to catching up!

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous T-shirts!!

Don't forget your official commemorative T-shirt!

Vivian, of "TS Farley", is taking orders for the rendezvous t-shirts. She has started a separate thread on this forum titled "2014 Rendezvous t-shirts". Click on the thread to see her posting with all of the relevant information for colour choice and sizing. We have selected a V neck style for the ladies and crew neck for the men.

You can place your order and ask any questions directly with Vivian at morrow.vivian@gmail.com.

Only 57 days to the rendezvous! :egrin:

Zercado

Rendevous 2014

Hi. We booked today for our 1984 30+ Nomad. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Cheers!

InSync

Member II
2014 Rendezvous

Hi. We booked today for our 1984 30+ Nomad. Looking forward to meeting everyone. Cheers!

Welcome Nomad! We'll be sure to add your name to our birthday cake for all those Ericsons and kin celebrating a decade birthday this year.

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Rendezvous

Terra Nova officially signed up for the 27th, 28th and 29th this morning. This is an exciting month as it will include the birth of our first grandchild, Rae Ann's 50th reunion and the rendezvous! Great times!

Bob & Rae Ann Morrison
E-34 Terra Nova

Last edited:

Intuition

Member I
Rendezvous at Maple Bay

Please count Intuition - 1974 Ericson 35-2 to your attendees. I don't contribute very often to this site but lurk frequently. Looking forward to meeting other Pacific NW Ericson owners. Please include our boat on the birthday cake. David, Diana and canine foredeck Bonnie (Westie) will be attending. We have reserved our spot at Maple Bay. Since we moor at Canoe Cove just around the corner from Maple Bay, our trip to the rendezvous should not be too arduous.

InSync

Member II
2014 Rendezvous

Please count Intuition - 1974 Ericson 35-2 to your attendees. I don't contribute very often to this site but lurk frequently. Looking forward to meeting other Pacific NW Ericson owners. Please include our boat on the birthday cake. David, Diana and canine foredeck Bonnie (Westie) will be attending. We have reserved our spot at Maple Bay. Since we moor at Canoe Cove just around the corner from Maple Bay, our trip to the rendezvous should not be too arduous.

Welcome Intuition! Your name has been added to the birthday cake. Look forward to seeing the big sister to our 1974 Ericson 32-2.

C. Trembanis

Member III
2014 Maple Bay Rendezvous

Add S/V Ourania Ericson 27 for the fun at Maple Bay.
Chris and Celeste Trembanis from Tacoma WA. and our cat.

Seems that the days are June 27th and 28th??

Looking forward to meeting every one then.

Chris

InSync

Member II
Rendezvous!

Add S/V Ourania Ericson 27 for the fun at Maple Bay.
Chris and Celeste Trembanis from Tacoma WA. and our cat.

Seems that the days are June 27th and 28th??

Looking forward to meeting every one then.

Chris

Welcome Ourania! The official rendezvous takes place starting Saturday, June 28 and ending Sunday, June 29 at checkout, with the potluck dinner Saturday evening and our speaker Saturday afternoon. But it does appear that most boats are arriving Friday, June 27. There is live entertainment in the pub at Maple Bay on Friday nights, so that should make for a great unofficial start to the rendezvous!

Annette

Last call for rendezvous t-shirts! The order goes in this week. Check out the details for colours and sizes on the separate thread and email your order to me at morrow.vivian@gmail.com.

:( I only saw this today... I am assuming it is too late to order a t-shirt?
Also, I am excited about this rendezvous and am wondering if it was going to be frowned upon if Peregrine (32ft) and I were going to drop anchor instead of docking in the marina?

Thanks!!
Annette

TS Farley

Member II
Hi Annette,

No worries! We can add your order to the list. Check out the details for size and colour on the separate thread and email me at morrow.vivian@gmail.com with what you would like.
As for dropping anchor, I doubt very much if anyone would frown, they would just be happy to have you join in.

Vivian

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Annette,

We anchor out alot but this time we are planning to be at the dock for the informal chats that occur. It would be great to see one of the Ericsons at anchor in that lovely bay, but do remember to bring your tender so you can come ashore to join us!! :)

Frank

Dennis Stuber

Rendezvous at Maple Bay

I am a new registrant to the Ericson website and looking forward to attending my first Ericson rendezvous. Rare Times, a 1972 E32-2 will be there and moorage reservations have been made. My regular crew will be unable to attend, so the press gang is currently beating the taverns and houses of ill repute for a replacement.

See you there.

Dennis

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
T-Shirts last call

Hi Everyone.
I am submitting the order for the T-Shirts tomorrow, Thursday, June 5th at noon. If anyone is still interested then please email me at svnimue@gmail.com before the deadline. Thanks to Vivian who did all the research for obtaining the T's and taking all the orders up til now. She's at last contact just south of Whirlpool Rapids in Wellbore Channel on her way north and in and out of cel range. A big thanks to her son Nikolas for his hand in creating the artwork for the T's as well.
See you all in a few weeks. Exciting!