• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for a roller furler or furler parts for an Ericson 35...

RogerK

My Harken furler sections were damaged when I lost my forestay and mast.

Harken no longer sells repair parts for the old furler. (Oval section extrusions with twin tracks.)

The drum and top assembly are fine but several intermediate lengths are damaged as are the joints between sections.

Has anyone ever modified an old furler drum and top bearing to work with new round cross-section extrusions? Does it make any sense to do so? It seems it should be fairly straightforward to fabricate transition pieces to couple the drum and top bearing to new extrusions.

If anyone has spare parts for an old Harken furler or a complete furler assembly they want to sell please contact me.

clp

Member III
Roger, from what I've read on your 'problem', I don't know if anything I have will help, but.....I have a complete top swivel that the oval shaped extrusions went in, a handful of the plastic connectors that goes in the foil, and a couple of parts from a drum, I THINK I remember it being a 200 series, I would have to look. Just boat junk I have in the building, thought I'd throw that thought at you.

e32stx

Member II
hi Roger

Dude! Have you not called Alan yet??? The guy I said to call about the mast or almost ANYTHING you could possibly need or want...
He just hooked my friend Don up with a used harken kit for his E29.
I know for a fact that (as of a month ago) he has another one because I helped Alan disassemble the one for Don.
Tell him Oliver told you to give him a shout.

his email is sailboatcaretaker@yahoo.com
PM me for his cell #

Cheers
Ollie

SFH

Member II
E35 MKII Harken furler

My Harken furler sections were damaged when I lost my forestay and mast.

Harken no longer sells repair parts for the old furler. (Oval section extrusions with twin tracks.)

The drum and top assembly are fine but several intermediate lengths are damaged as are the joints between sections.

Has anyone ever modified an old furler drum and top bearing to work with new round cross-section extrusions? Does it make any sense to do so? It seems it should be fairly straightforward to fabricate transition pieces to couple the drum and top bearing to new extrusions.

If anyone has spare parts for an old Harken furler or a complete furler assembly they want to sell please contact me.

======================

2/22/2014
I have an E35 MKII Harken roller furler w/ head stay for sale. If interested please email me at shopsr@bellsouth.net<o:p></o:p>
I can send original brochure, pictures and measurements if you like. I also have a roller furling headsail if interested.<o:p></o:p>
Thanks,<o:p></o:p>
Sam Hopkins <o:p></o:p>

ichigo

Ichigo
Sam,
If the original Md boat doesn't want it, I would be interested in hearing more.
I have a 35 -2 w/o roller furling, and am interested in getting one.

Thanks
Ichigo

SFH

Member II
Sam,

Thanks
Ichigo

==================
3/14/2014
As of today, I have sold my Harkin furler and I’m scheduled to ship it out Monday of next week. If something happens this weekend and it falls through I will let you know. <o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Note I’m in the process of dismantling my Hurricane Katrina damaged E35 MKII due to it’s too far gone for making repairs. I’ve sold a lot of parts already but if you are in need of something else I can check to see if I still have it.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Thanks for enquiring.
Sam

SFH

Member II
Sam,

Thanks
Ichigo

============
3/14/2014

I also have a E35 MKII mast (tall rig) & w/ rigging and boom available if anyone interested.

ichigo

Ichigo
CDI roller furling ?

Does anyone have a CDI roller furling and how does it work on a 35 foot.
We mostly day sail on the Potomac river so not a lot of wind, but would want it to be able to shorten sail and still work.
There has been some comments on it not working well for larger boats??

Thanks Ichigo

thevans

Member I
CDI furler- I have a sail in great condition used on this

We had a very old Cdi furler on our 38 ericson when we bought it 4 years ago. We changed it out for a full battened main. We still have the main sail which we are happy to sell. Great condition, no issues.

let me know if interested.

ichigo

Ichigo
Thanks, But I am looking for jib roller furling? looks like you have it on the main?
Do you have a CDI system on the head sail and how does it work? I am thinking of getting one just wanted to be sure they work well for the bigger boats.

JosephMurray

Thanks, But I am looking for jib roller furling? looks like you have it on the main?
Do you have a CDI system on the head sail and how does it work? I am thinking of getting one just wanted to be sure they work well for the bigger boats.

I have a Hood Yacht Systems Seafurl 2 off a Pearson 35. From what I understand it needs a drum. I have it on craigslist Annapolis for $150
http://annapolis.craigslist.org/boa/4408492963.html

thevans

Member I
Cdi furling on main

When we bought our 38' Ericson it came with a CDI furling main. It was rigged back to the cockpit and never really worked that well. It's was really hard to roll in. We ended up cutting it off and installing a full batten mainsail. We fly with this main, and have it rigged back to the cockpit. We hoist the main from the cockpit using a 24 volt drill with winch bit- works like a charm. Love it.

PDX

Member III

One came on my E30 and we had to use a winch to furl it in--even just to get it started. The boat did have more forestay sag than it should have and the headsail appeared to be somewhat oversized, so that situation didn't help.