WTB: shipping cradle for a 1985 28+ North Carolina

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
hey folks....l@@kin for a shipping cradle for a 1985 Ericson 28 footer...near Moorehead City, NC ...may also be interested in a low boy 30 ft dual axel trailer to put it on....any ideas "out there ? a BIG thanx !! :egrin:

rbonilla

"don't tread on me" member XVXIIIII
Found a guy in KS that will fab. a new trailer with custom
brakes and dual axle for the 1985 E28+ .... question is..would a
new GMC Denali XL be able to pull and handle that rig ? 8 or 9k lbs...

:esad:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Found a guy in KS that will fab. a new trailer with custom
brakes and dual axle for the 1985 E28+ .... question is..would a
new GMC Denali XL be able to pull and handle that rig ? 8 or 9k lbs...

:esad:

I would sorta kinda bet that it would. You're gonna have to dig deep into a copy of the owners' manual.
(On my last truck, a Mazda B4000 two-wheel drive with posi, the manual revealed that it would tow a gross weight of just under 6K. Dealer didn't know, and most folks think of it as a "small" truck... but my particular one had a towing/brakes factory option package...)
research... and cross your fingers...
Best of luck,
Loren

CyberTrucker

Under Restoration
If you've got a tow package you're probably good to go but, of course, you'll still want to check max towing weights. If you don't have a tow package then you'll need to make sure you've got a hitch properly rated for the weight and, even with a tow package, it's worth double-checking. You also want to consider your transmission. If you don't have a tow package then you don't have the larger transmission oil cooler. If you're not going a long way then that may not matter so much but if you are, or if you're going to climb any long and/or steep grades, you run the risk of cooking your tranny. Engine, drive shaft, u-joints, rear end and brakes (because the trailer is equipped with brakes) are secondary considerations to the hitch and the tranny.