• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

The official "I got to go sailing on my Ericson today" thread!

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
I got to go sailing at a blistering 2 knots on Pensacola Bay with a good friend who just returned from a 48 day Atlantic crossing from France to Tortola.

woo woo December 11

clp

Member III
I could drive Beaufort in two hours, or sail it in twelve. NICE town. Beaufort, New Bern, and Oriental is always some of my fav's, and have considered buying property there. Right now, I'm really closer to Wilmington, we have a place here as well as Southport. I'll have to get up that way and see it, or if you get down here..

(I spend my days on the hill as a 'prefered' contractor, 11 bucks a foot H.B.L., and 200 bucks a month to sit on the hill. DIY, live aboards, pro help, pro yard help. This place is the best kept secret in Brunswick county, and I'm not saying where due to the solicitation being in poor form. (I do have an interest here). Laid back, my God! A REAL old school DIY yard. The kind us old timers like. We don't even cater to the "yachting margarita on the aft deck crowd". Don't get me wrong, I sat an 82 footer in the drink a couple of days ago, THAT was a trip to drive. (No one else here knew how to do it).
Anyways..

gulfcoaster

Member III
Don't forget us texans!

I'm planning on sailing tomorrow on Galveston Bay. Sunny, clear skies, and 78 degrees.. Gotta love the south!

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Gotta love the Gulf Coast

I got to go solo today on Pensacola Bay. Ran the Genoa alone. Started out with 6 knot winds then it got fun at 15 knots.

I can't believe how high the boat points with the sheets inside!

Saw a guy out today with an Ericson logo on his sail. When we passed I shouted "Woo woo Ericson"! We were on different tacks so I came about and chased him down. Turned out he had a Catalina with a sail from an old Ericson. I was inviting him to join the forum till then..lol!

Rob Salinas

Member II
I got to go solo today on Pensacola Bay. Ran the Genoa alone. Started out with 6 knot winds then it got fun at 15 knots.

I can't believe how high the boat points with the sheets inside!

Saw a guy out today with an Ericson logo on his sail. When we passed I shouted "Woo woo Ericson"! We were on different tacks so I came about and chased him down. Turned out he had a Catalina with a sail from an old Ericson. I was inviting him to join the forum till then..lol!

As Chech once said, " That's false advertising maaan!"

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner

If the shoe fit's, wear it.

clp

Member III
Aw man, my Ericson has got a C30 sail that I loath. Maybe I oughta get in touch with this guy..

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Two hours of C O L D...

Got to take my 82 year old dad sailing today in 45 degree 15 knot winds. Sailed under genoa alone and had a nice time.

Love the Ericson.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Oh good grief. We went out yesterday in 28° and were happy for it! (It's what long underwear is for.) Warmer than skiing and you have the bar, the coffee pot, and the warming hut with you at all times. :egrin:

...freezing fog today.

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
:cheers::cheers::cheers:
Oh good grief. We went out yesterday in 28° and were happy for it! (It's what long underwear is for.) Warmer than skiing and you have the bar, the coffee pot, and the warming hut with you at all times. :egrin:

...freezing fog today.

CTOlsen

Member III
Sailing with my bride,

Of 27 years, on Dec 20th in Hampton Roads, VA. Will be celebrating the New Year on the water tomorrow!

Dec 20th7.jpg

hjohnson

S/V Sagres
Spent Saturday bombing around Bellingham Bay, WA in 15kt winds. Our E27 was purring like a content kitty, flying along at 5.5 to 6kt. :)

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Finally!

Been so busy traveling I haven't had the time to go sailing. Even though we had family coming for a holiday dinner, my wonderful Admiral suggested we stay on the boat last night so we could get an early sail in this morning.

We set off at 7am in 15 kt winds for a delightful two hour sail around the bay. Even got to sail the whole way back into the bayou where our marina is. Screaming at hull speed.

Nice!

Last edited: