• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

EY.o Fund Raising 2013-2014

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Welcome to the 2013 EY.o Fund Raising!

Every year we host a session of fund raising to help pay for the website. As you may or may not be aware, EY.o is totally non-commercial, and does not provide access for commercial vendors to advertise, nor do we sell, rent or otherwise provide our membership email addresses to outside sources. Instead, each year we come to you, the users of the site, and seek small donations which, in sufficient number, are enough to pay the operating costs of the site (hosting, software, hacks, extras, etc.).

This year has been quite challenging to those of us who manage the site. As you may or may not be aware, the site was hacked on September 10th, 2013 - and the database damaged. As a result, we lost the data from Jan 28th to Sept 10th - but that was all we lost.

Since that time, we have rebuilt the site, moved to a new server, enhanced security and procedures and backup the database on an automatic basis. September 10th will not be repeated. Right now I am working on finishing the archives - which while not damaged, are quite voluminous in size - and the entire collection has to be re-entered, re-cataloged, etc. Since finishing grad school and returning to work, my free time has been quite limited - and I am hopeful that the archives will be finished before the end of this month.

If you are interested in donating to the site, you can go to the donations page - located at the front of the site, under >> EY.o Organization>Donation Policy -- Or, you can just click here:

http://www.ericsonyachts.org/infoexc...onation-Policy

Thanks in advance for your contribution to this site. Thanks very much to those of you who contributed ahead of the season this year. This site would not exist if it were not for owners like you. I look forward to the upcoming year, and send our very best wishes to you and your family for a safe, happy and prosperous 2014!

//sse

Last edited:

D & DM Cahill

Member II
EY.o Fund Raising 2013

Hi Sean. Just wanted to let you know that our check is in the mail to you. Thanks for all you do for us Ericson owners. Hope you and yours have very happy holidays. Dave & Donna-Marie Cahill, SV Amazing Grace.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Pay Pal on it's way.

Hi Sean, Pay Pal on it's way. Thank you so much for your efforts. Looks I have been taking advantage of this wonderful site for 10 years now. I can't tell you and everyone on this board how much it has helped in the restoration of my 40 year old Ericson. THANK YOU!! :egrin:

Last edited:

Lucky Dog

Member III
Me too! This site is the best of a sailing magazine specially for our boat and great friends hanging out together.

ml

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Hi Sean,

Thanks for all the work you do, and especially this year due to the hacking, thanks for fixing the site. We all learn and benefit so much from being able to share this information.

I have sent a small donation through PayPal, I hope it arrives ok.

Frank Langer
1984 E30+
Nanaimo, BC
Canada

fgmjrmorton

Fund Raising

I purchased an Ericson 29 in November of last year and am completely enamored with these beautiful sailboats. I have learned so much from the members of this site that it is difficult for me to wrap my head around it all. My everlasting thanks to Sean for everything that he does to keep this great site working for all of us.

As they say, the check is in the mail!

Smooth sailing.

Fred

Mort Fligelman

Member III
Annual Contribution

Sean: ACapella is my favorite charity......keeping her alive and well is paramount to my own well being......your hard work, and all of the information compiled here help me do just that.......many thanks......your efforts on behalf of all of us is sincerely appreciated.....

Best Wishes .......have a wonderful holiday season

Regards

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Fund Raising 2013-2014: Done - Thank You!

Well, the bills have been paid, and we're good to go for another year.

Thanks much to everyone who has donated/contributed/been involved with EY.o over these last years. Sorry for the other sappy post - it's what happens at Christmas.

Spring is coming and I wish everyone a safe and happy 2014 sailing season!

//sse