• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

2014 Rendezvous

Pick a Rendezvous weekend

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I recall that one of the Ericson attendees at this year's rendezvous at Pt Townsend was thinking about putting on the June 2014 Ericson/Olson Rendezvous at Maple Bay, BC.
If so, here's a solicitation for early promotion from Pacific Yachting. This just came to my mailbox today.
For 2013, I am unsure if our little announcement made it into Pacific Yachting. I did get an announcement into 48 North.
Regards,
Loren
:egrin:

The 2013 Rendezvous Roundup is in full swing. PY wants to feature the most fun rendezvous events of the season. Submit a brief summary highlighting a funny anecdote or memorable moment as well as photos to samb@pacificyachting.com. Photos should be at least 1 MB in size. The deadline for receiving Rendezvous materials is Nov 1 so there isn't much time!

Thanks!

Sam Burkhart
Assistant Editor
Pacific Yachting Magazine
Suite 802 - 1166 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC, V6E 3Z3
604.620.1723 (direct) l 604.767.4837 (mobile) l samb@pacificyachting.com | www.pacificyachting.com

supersailor

Contributing Partner
Maple Bay

I recall that one of the Ericson attendees at this year's rendezvous at Pt Townsend was thinking about putting on the June 2014 Ericson/Olson Rendezvous at Maple Bay, BC.
If so, here's a solicitation for early promotion from Pacific Yachting. This just came to my mailbox today.
For 2013, I am unsure if our little announcement made it into Pacific Yachting. I did get an announcement into 48 North.
Regards,
Loren

The 2013 Rendezvous Roundup is in full swing. PY wants to feature the most fun rendezvous events of the season. Submit a brief summary highlighting a funny anecdote or memorable moment as well as photos to samb@pacificyachting.com. Photos should be at least 1 MB in size. The deadline for receiving Rendezvous materials is Nov 1 so there isn't much time!

Thanks!

Sam Burkhart
Assistant Editor
Pacific Yachting Magazine
Suite 802 - 1166 Alberni Street
Vancouver, BC, V6E 3Z3
604.620.1723 (direct) l 604.767.4837 (mobile) l samb@pacificyachting.com | www.pacificyachting.com

Maple Bay was the discussed location with most agreeing that it was a great choice and we had volunteers to host it. It gets a thumbs up from Terra Nova!

Bob Morrison

Mike H

Member I
Maple Bay

We are looking forward to a rendezvous at Maple Bay. The people who were interested in organizing it were Helga and Joe on InSync. We were just wondering if anything had developed further with this. We had also discussed moving the date away from the July1 and July 4 holidays, can't remember if it would be earlier or later. Someone mentioned that it could be around the time when US boats headed north for the summer. It would be great to have time and place decided early. Last year at Port Townsend was great. Mike and Ruth, Positive Results

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Dates.............

We are looking forward to a rendezvous at Maple Bay. The people who were interested in organizing it were Helga and Joe on InSync. We were just wondering if anything had developed further with this. We had also discussed moving the date away from the July1 and July 4 holidays, can't remember if it would be earlier or later. Someone mentioned that it could be around the time when US boats headed north for the summer. It would be great to have time and place decided early. Last year at Port Townsend was great. Mike and Ruth, Positive Results

How about June 27 - 29 ??

That's close to the seemingly-well-received dates we used in 2013.

Remember that no matter what dates we choose, there will be some owners that cannot attend and some others that will be delighted...
And, the other 70% will just be really glad to have some dates to pencil in on their calendar as they plan for next summer !
:)

So, think it over, and let's have some more input.

Thanks,
Loren

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
My wife and I really enjoyed the 2013 Rendezvous at Port Townsend. We would definitely make plans to attend again this year, especially if it is held in Maple Bay--that is one of our favourite marinas!

We look forward to plans being finalized.

Frank & Karen Langer

TS Farley

Member II
2014 Rendezvous at Maple Bay

Hi all.

Helga and Joe on InSync & Wanda and C.A. on Nimue have jointly volunteered to organize the 2014 rendezvous with Maple Bay as the venue.
Nimue just recently returned from our circumnavigation of Vancouver Island and likely hasn't checked the Ericson website for awhile. I'll give them a heads up regarding the interest and inquiries. I unfortunately won't be able to make it as TS and I are heading north again next spring, but my son has been commissioned to do a design for rendezvous t-shirts. We'll keep you posted!

Vivian

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
2014 Ericson Rendezvous

Hello Everyone.

The 2014 Ericson Rendezvous will be in Maple Bay, British Columbia.

Helga and Joe (InSync) and Wanda and C.A. (Nimue) are making arrangements. Helga has contacted Carol at the Maple Bay Marina. Carol has given us two potential weekends, June 28-29 or July 5-6. The marina will honour the 2013 rates (assuming they increase their visitor moorage rates for 2014). $1.40 per foot, 30 amp power at $6.00 per night and 15 amp at $4.00 per night.

Carol would like to know no later than the beginning of January which weekend we want to book. In any event, she will give us a right of first refusal on the two dates listed above.

We are asking anyone thinking of attending to voice your vote for the weekend that works best and we will tally up the votes and let the Marina know by January.

Please pass on this message to anyone that you may think would be interested in attending.

Sean, I'm wondering if it's possible to send an email or some other notice to the members of the Northwest and British Columbia group in case they don't check this forum before January.

OK, Vikings, it's a start. Looking forward to making this 2014 Rendezvous a blast.

Thanks,
C.A. Fields

D & DM Cahill

Member II
2014 Rendezvous dates

Hi All. We would prefer the July dates since we are committed to doing a work party at the Turn Point Light House on June 28-29. Thanks. Dave and Donna-Marie. SV Amazing Grace

wurzner

Member III
Maple Bay is a great location, but logistically won't work for me unless it ends up coinciding with our trip to Desolation Sound. I suspect that will be the case for others as well who like to do it over a 3-4 day weekend.

Good luck and have fun.

Shaun
Sorcerer

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Location...

Maple Bay is a great location, but logistically won't work for me unless it ends up coinciding with our trip to Desolation Sound. I suspect that will be the case for others as well who like to do it over a 3-4 day weekend.

Good luck and have fun.
Shaun
Sorcerer

A comment deserving of a reply, and it comes on the heels of a similar message back channel.
Indeed, There has been no debate on where in BC to head for in 2014.

What has happened, strictly from my point of view, was that being rather tired from my months of noodling around with the 2013 Rendezvous planning and marina logistics, I was frickin' delighted when some owners told us they would be willing to organize the 2014 gathering @ Maple Bay.

Further to go for some, certainly, but then I recalled that there was a recent well-attended rendezvous way up in BC waters at Poet's Cove. Too far for us Oregonians to drive, but then unless the group wants to reciprocate and journey to the Columbia River.... these gatherings will always be a long journey for owners living in the PDX area.

And then, to add some impetus to our pick-a-location process, we already have on hand a request to publicize the Rendezvous in an upcoming page in Pacific Yachting.

You may all take a short break from the pre-planning for Maple Bay if you choose, but I suspect that a poll will result in interest in more than one location, and much more importantly, may not then produce a strong volunteer for putting on the event.
Please take my word that having, early on, "boots on the ground" is a key thing.

So, if you want to poll on location choices, have at it. But, do not delay!

I would not want our early volunteers to waver in their enthusiasm. :0

As always, E-owners from my geographic area will have to either drive or plan their summer cruising vacation around the destination chosen, and budget their time to suit.

Regards,
Loren

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Maple Bay Marina in the Gulf Islands is a lovely,quaint place with a great restaurant. And the Gulf Islands can't be beat for beauty, great anchorages and other Marinas in nearby locations. For sure we should have the 2014 Rendezvous there!
Frank

C.A. Fields

E38 "NIMUE"
Venue for 2014 Pacific Northwest Rendezvous

Hi Everyone.

Forgive us for assuming, but, when we were at dinner during the Port Townsend rendezvous 2013, it was proposed that the rendezvous for 2014 be held at Maple Bay to much applause and enthusiasm. Helga, Joe, Wanda and I offered to ascertain the availability of MB as a valid option and to organize the event there.

Maple Bay is available on the dates we've indicated and as there were no other location suggestions, we assumed that this would work for the majority interested in attending a Canadian rendezvous.

I understand that any location and/or time will not work for everyone. These dates are the only ones that work for InSync and Nimue as we have plans to be north after the rendezvous and in fact we prefer the June 27-29 timeframe. If the group consensus is for a different venue then we certainly won't stand in the way, but the group will then need new organizers as well.

I hope that I've cleared up why other venues were not thrown in with the date vote.

Thanks,
C.A.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Yup, It's Maple Bay

Hi Everyone.

Forgive us for assuming, but, when we were at dinner during the Port Townsend rendezvous 2013, it was proposed that the rendezvous for 2014 be held at Maple Bay to much applause and enthusiasm. Helga, Joe, Wanda and I offered to ascertain the availability of MB as a valid option and to organize the event there.

Maple Bay is available on the dates we've indicated and as there were no other location suggestions, we assumed that this would work for the majority interested in attending a Canadian rendezvous.

I understand that any location and/or time will not work for everyone. These dates are the only ones that work for InSync and Nimue as we have plans to be north after the rendezvous and in fact we prefer the June 27-29 timeframe. If the group consensus is for a different venue then we certainly won't stand in the way, but the group will then need new organizers as well.

I hope that I've cleared up why other venues were not thrown in with the date vote.

Thanks,
C.A.

Good Point!
I had forgotten about the agreement reached at the pot luck gathering.
And, the main discussion point remains that just like every year, some owners will be able to attend and some will have conflicts and will not.

"You've all done very very well!" ...as Young Mr Grace used to say.

Loren

Last edited:

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Rendezvous at Maple Bay

Hi All. I remember when the discussion of the 2014 Rendezvous came up at the Port Hudson Rendezvous and there was a very postive response to Maple Bay. I also thought how great it was that people were already willing to step up to organize it. While it is true that some US sailors will find Maple Bay a long trip, it is probably no worse than when sailors from the North have to travel long distances to attend the rendezvous in the US. Although Donna-Marie and I already have a commitment during the suggested 2014 dates, I would vote to have it at Maple Bay. It is a great location and I appreciate the efforts of C.A., Helga, Joe and Wanda. (We hope to make it to Maple Bay later in the year.) Thanks. Dave and Donna-Marie (SV Amazing Grace)

TS Farley

Member II
Koodos to the Vikings on Nimue & InSync for proposing the well-received suggestion of the MB venue and for their willingness to organize it. I wish I could make it, it should be memorable with the enthusiasm shown thus far.

I mentioned I would like to take on the T-shirt production and distribution.....we should have a couple of gender-specific logos to show for comments soon. :) I was wondering if someone could suggest a good quality t-shirt supply co. I thought the choice of v-neck models would be popular.

Vivian

Status
Not open for further replies.