• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E32-III Air Conditioning request for advice

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
I am re-posting due to the hacker attack. Please share experiences and photos of your E32-III air conditioning installation. I am planning on installing air conditioning this winter and this is a major expense and modification, I want to get it right the first time if possible. There were some very helpful posts in the previous thread.

Thanks,

Steve Pretti
1987 E32-III
Glory Days
Rock Hall, Md

Last edited:

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
No Responses, trying again E32-3 duct work ideas wanted

So - the air conditioning install is really not going to be a big technical hurdle - except for doing neat duct work. Please if anyone can offer pictures or advice on ducting a E32-3 for air conditioning that would be great. Some of you offered pictures as an earlier response, but those responses were lost when the forum was attacked.

I know bulkheads are safe to cut through, but what plastic is safe to cut through?

The AC unit location choices are the under the forward inboard port settee, or under the starboard settee, aft of the starboard water tank.

Thanks for any free advice. I am sure I will offer some at the same price in the future!

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Ours is a 32-200 but these May help

Mermaid 16500 reverse cycle. Sits in hanging locker on port side. 3 vents (their min requirement) 1) Aft cabin 4" 2) Saloon in face under sink blowing forward 6" 3) V-berth 4" . Ducts run behind galley stove, under sink, along starboard side on little shelf.

01BEADE3-1032-4C2F-B8AF-06A44405280E-12243-000018B355094240_zps4c5624c1.jpg

Last edited:

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
1A7C2DAC-FDE7-4E83-805E-C3CBD86F41B8-12243-000018B35F51221D_zps8ff3b3d7.jpg

EB1B0F13-BC46-4AB1-89E7-BBD7DEFF225A-12243-000018B35BDFF6B9_zpsd7d797a4.jpg

F12D6C87-068E-4F22-A646-8E3E884B0F17-12243-000018B358DE951A_zpsf9a0335a.jpg

750B7F92-22B6-49C8-ADF3-58567F1CA52B-12243-000018B3660DE35C_zps0db65b18.jpg

I highly recommend Mermaid Marine Air. Ask for Dennis. They sell a turn key system even different installation kits with EVERYTHING you need. We got a 16500 because we're in Florida and it gets real hot here.
Rick

Last edited:

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Thank you. 32-III is different of course- but I remember I wanted to ask you if you have a picture of how you covered the shelf you used for the long duct run?

Last edited:

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Ductwork run through head pics

The last time I started this thread, a 32-3 owner posted pictures of ductwork running through the head to reach the v- berth. And pics of the settee the unit was installed under.

If I could see those pictures again, and know the strainer, pump and thru hull locations, that would be great.

I'm sorry I can't remember the sailors name.

tadslc

Member III
Also,

My strainer and raw water pump are underneath the galley sink.

The discharge is on the same port side that the unit is on about 8 inches above the waterline (if my memory serves me correctly)

tadslc

Member III
Also, Also

Your original post for this was some time in August, that's when I took the photo's anyway. When I went to locate it, I found that I am missing all posts from 1-28-13 thru 9-16-13. At least in the Maintenance & Mechanical forum.

Is it just my computer?

Is there a problem / has been a problem on the sight?

tadslc

Member III
Also, Also, Also,

Of course I just read the post about the new server. I bet that's the answer to my concern of missing posts.

Carry on....

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Every post written during that period was lost, including blogs and photos. It's a real service to build back up these threads.

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Also, Also, Also,

Of course I just read the post about the new server. I bet that's the answer to my concern of missing posts.

Carry on....

Thank you very much for reposting. It is a great help to a new owner!

Last edited:

GrandpaSteve

Sustaining Member
Also,

My strainer and raw water pump are underneath the galley sink.

The discharge is on the same port side that the unit is on about 8 inches above the waterline (if my memory serves me correctly)

Also - I believe you said that was a 16000btu unit?

tadslc

Member III
I have a Mermaid M-12CHP-L, 12k btu Cool/Reverse Cycle heat, left discharge.

The duct hosing coming from the unit to the cabin vent is 5". The hosing to the vent in the v-berth is 4".

I had a guy here at the marina make me an adapter from the unit for the 5" hose

Last edited:

tadslc

Member III
No problem, glad to help.

Ill be be leaving for home in 30 minutes. If you need any other info, let me know