• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Server Move Info

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
* I'm posting this here as well as in the announcement to cover all bases *

Over the course of this next week, we will be moving to a new server and some of the account parameters will be changing. Some of this is due in part to the hacking incident, part of it is just due to the growth of the site, and the need for more room than was currently available on our old server.

You may experience disruptions during the next week or so - if so, don't be alarmed. If, however, you see something which even remotely looks like it might be a security issue (hack-ola), please bring it to my attention.

Thanks,
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Update on Server Move...

Update - Server Move:

We will be moving the site to a new server this weekend (Oct 5/6) and hopefully no one will experience any disruption. It's possible, however that there may be a small interruption or decline in service for just a day or so.

I'll also be replacing the existing archive software with new, supported software that will allow us to update the site regularly and avoid hacking events like that which just hit us.

Stay tuned...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Server Move Update

Over the weekend, the websites content was replicated onto the new server and the vB installation put in, etc. All of that is fine - the space is working, etc.

The issue right now is that I need to upgrade the vB installation and put in the new archive software - but need to test it first - and I'm having a few issues doing that (the test upgrade is failing)...

So - because I have "work-for-work" to do now - so I am going to have to turn my attention and table this until next weekend - then will go at it again.

Hopefully we'll be fully moved over and turned up by the end of next weekend... This procedure could take another 3 weeks to complete - hopefully not - we'll see...

Thanks,
//sse

lnill

Member III
Thanks so much

ShawnReally appreciate you work to support this site. It is so great to be associated with a group like this. I have learned a lot from this site. You are a special person to be willing to do what you do. Thank you.

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I'm not trying to add to the work (he said), but if this is the right time, perhaps add a videos section.

With the popularity of the GoPro camera sailing videos in general have increased in number exponentially.

We could corner the market for specifically Ericson videos and maybe encourage more. They need only be links to Youtube and Vimeo, no reason to host them.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Yep

I'm not trying to add to the work (he said), but if this is the right time, perhaps add a videos section.

With the popularity of the GoPro camera sailing videos in general have increased in number exponentially.

We could corner the market for specifically Ericson videos and maybe encourage more. They need only be links to Youtube and Vimeo, no reason to host them.

Way ahead of you. The new archives will have a place for videos, etc - and we'll have much more drive space as well....

//sse

Mort Fligelman

Member III
With GREAT Appreciation

Sean:

The Ericsons and their owners live and breathe through your efforts.....

Thanks over and over again...

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
FRIDAY NIGHT!

I'm going to try and upgrade the db this weekend again - and I'll put up an announcement in a sec - but that means I'll be shutting down the site from Saturday evening to Sunday AM (hopefully)...

//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Update: Sunday Night, Oct 13th

So - Our installation is now up to date, and I am in the process still of moving/populating the archives. So, that process will go on for another week or so...otherwise, we're more or less fully up to date.

One issue: On the front page, on the blogs update, you'll note the code showing in the previews ... this is actually a -bug- (so described by vBulletin) that they're in the process of addressing....so that's a WIP for us...

Other than those two things, we're in good shape - on the new server, and if you're reading this it means that the new DNS is working, etc...

Over the next week I'll populate this (supported) archives hack with our docs, etc.

Stay tuned...

//sse

Status
Not open for further replies.