• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Morse engine controls

Hi, Can anyone tell me what wrong with my engine controller.??
See the pic's of cable angle in the fwd. position. Any help apprreciated.
thanks
rich

Attachments

• morse.jpg
    morse.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 273

u079721

Contributing Partner
If I have this figured out right, the gear shift is on the right in the photos, correct?

If so, your gear shift looks ok, but there is something seriously wrong with the throttle cable. The bend shown in the upper right photo is much too severe, and the cable will certainly fail at the bend eventually. The bottom photos look fine. Is there something hanging up so that the throttle arm is hitting the gear arm? The arrangement in the top photos sure does look odd.

Yes,the gear shift cable is on the R/H side of the picture's. This is a new used boat for me (1983 E25+) The previous owner had his yard crew do the maint. on the boat over the years. ( I think a bunch of Hack"s). I think that the cable mounting bracket is the wrong one.
Rich

Seth

Sustaining Partner
Cables

Yes-it looks like the mounting bracket on the engine is installed backwards?

Update

Hi
I sent an E-mail to the Yanmar help desk , and received back enough info so that I could reinstall the slide bracket that I had removed for obvious reasons (see photo) The info they gave me led me to install the rusted cable clamp that I found adrift under the cockpit floor. The throttle cable now works quite smooth.
Rich

Attachments

• fixedcontrl.jpg
    fixedcontrl.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 215