• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E23 Rudder

GregB

Member II
Hi -

Post crash... I was starting to talk to someone about an E23 rudder. If you are still out there let me know.

Fair winds!

G

GregB

Member II
E-23 Rudder Bump

Hmmm - we seem to have lost the seller of the E-23 rudder. Anyone out there remember who this was or how to contact him/her? I am still trying to decide if I am going to get a bigger boat, but I figure I might as well pay my dues and doll up the one I have!

Tim C

Tim C
E23 rudder for pattern

I have a 76 E23 with original rudder. I can make a pattern of any of its parts if that helps you. It is not for sale, gonna need it next season...
Tim

Vagabond39

Member III
Greg:
If you plan to make one, the wood is 9 /4 Mahogany, joined with 7 3.5 inch long 1 /2 inch diameter dowels . The dowel alignment will require good woodworking skills, and she shaping a lot of elboe grease. And, that is if you have the metal parts.
Bob

GregB

Member II
Way too lazy for those shenanigans...

Thank you gentlemen!

I have a functioning (but probably waterlogged) original rudder. So I don't need specs. Someone was getting rid of a fiberglass one and I thought I would get my backup rudder. I don't have the skills or the tools to make one. (Plus I am too lazy...)

G

Rbullen

23-2 Rudder Pattern Needed

Hope this thread isnt too old. I bought a '76 23-2 and need to rebuild the rudder, was hoping someone has a pattern or the original spec or pictures with scale I could use to build. Thanks.

R

Vagabond39

Member III
E23-2 rudder

Hope this thread isnt too old. I bought a '76 23-2 and need to rebuild the rudder, was hoping someone has a pattern or the original spec or pictures with scale I could use to build. Thanks.

R
Thread is not too old. I rebuilt mine several years ago. However I will need to get to the Gypsy Rose to take pictures and measurements. She is in Illinois, and the H3N2 Aisian Canine flu was centered their, so I have been taking care of land I own, in CT.
What problems are you having with your rudder?
Is it the origional Mahagony type?
Bob
ERY 23 359 M76 I

nimereht

MkII rudder specs wanted

My E23-2 is sporting a J-24 rudder - works well enough but I'd certainly be interested in measurements, specs, photos of the real deal!

davisr

Member III
Origional gudgeon and pintle hung rudders for the E - 23 and E- 25 were wood, not foam.
Bob

attachment.php

Not so fast. My E25 rudder was/is foam.

Roscoe

Attachments

• DSCN8392.JPG
    DSCN8392.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 212