• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fund Raising

Thomas H

Member I
Based upon just what happened to OUR website, i feel this would be a good time to send the Offering plate around to help raised some funds.
Thanks,
Tom

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Good Point

Based upon just what happened to OUR website, i feel this would be a good time to send the Offering plate around to help raised some funds.
Thanks,
Tom

While we usually do some annual fundraising in November, you're right. It's not too soon.
Let's let Sean weigh in with some info on how much $ might help, and how soon.
I have no idea where the balance stands at present.

This does reinforce, to me, why it's SO nice not to have any commercialization of the site at all. No credit card info to be potentially stolen.

Fair winds,
Loren

Last edited:

Lucky Dog

Member III
We're on the same tack. I suspect Sean ignored someone this last week, at very list we owe them dinner on us.

ignacio

Member III
Blogs Author
I'm with you guys

I know what recovery on issues like this is like. Happy to contribute to the "recovery" fund.

We're on the same tack. I suspect Sean ignored someone this last week, at very list we owe them dinner on us.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
While we usually do some annual fundraising in November, you're right. It's not too soon.
Let's let Sean weigh in with some info on how much $ might help, and how soon.
I have no idea where the balance stands at present.

This does reinforce, to me, why it's SO nice not to have any commercialization of the site at all. No credit card info to be potentially stolen.

Fair winds,
Loren

Agreed, I forget, is there a mailing address, or PayPal account I can use? Been a couple years since I pitched in anyway. Thanks again Sean for all you do!!

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Agree. The hacking got our attention, good time to raise funds. And it is sure nice not to have a cloud of ads and crazy typefaces of the other sites.

Paypal is easiest for most, I think, and many forums use it.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Life is better here..........

Speaking of "other sites" I just had a little run-in with another large sailing site (Sailnet) where their version of the software adds words to posts when key words are found that might link to their products for sale on the money-making portion of their site. It's an "automated" feature....

After a review of something I had entered a day or two prior, I had to go back and edit out a sneeked-in sentence that followed something I actually wrote.
:mad:

While it did not actually change the meaning of my paragraph, it now makes me reconsider everything I read on that site... and wonder how much is actually attributable to the other posters.

Loren

Christian Williams

E381 - Los Angeles
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
and crazy typefaces of the other sites

And since they won't see it here, I must say that the otherwise very useful Catalina "Critical Upgrades" site is almost impossible for me to study because of the clashing fonts and sizes and colors and warnings and exclamation marks. A clean look makes challenging information easier to absorb, I hope we keep it that way here.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Um, I don't believe that this is not a "hidden" forum here, although there are a couple that are visible only to moderators.

Fonts? Ooooh yeah - I recall the local user group classes for new Mac owners back in the 90's, and the admonition to avoid more than two font types/sizes on any one page.... and avoid other things that make a page too "busy" and hard to read.
:nerd:
Loren

Last edited:

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Thank You!

Well, another fund raising season has come and gone (or will be by Dec 31st) - and the bills have all been paid with our ISP and some of the software people. I managed to get about 45 of the documents uploaded today, and am planning on doing some each night for the next week or so (I'm on vacation) before the work grind starts up again...

Thanks very much - all of you - for the kindness and support you've shown. We're very happy that the site continues to be useful to folks who visit - and I'm especially happy that I continue to get emails from folks who indicate that they just purchased an Ericson hull based on what they read here (makes me VERY happy).

I wish all you the very best in the upcoming year. It seems like things (economy-wise) are finally improving - and we send good wishes for everyone's continued success and happiness.

Best wishes -

//sse