• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

EY.o Site Crash Sept 10th, - Wha' Happened??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clarice

Member I
Never Know What You Got Till It's Gone!

Well the Title's not entirely true. I did know what a great site this was but didn't realize how much I checked it out till it wasn't there. Thank you Sean!
Clarice

Slick470

Member III
Thanks for getting things back up and running Sean. If there is a way to restore any of the old db, don't hesitate to ask for help in digging through the data. I'm sure several of us could clean up a thread here and there.

cswim

Thank you very very much

You are an amazing person for providing such a great and important (to us) service! I thank you on behalf of all the Ericson owners and devotee's. I have run a website and run into these situations before myself. It can be frustrating to say the least... Chuck

Thomas H

Member I
Many Thanks

Sean, thought you might like to know that another website i follow went down about the same time and both are powered by vBulletin. There forum section got hit. Again thanks for getting us back up
Tom

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Sean, thought you might like to know that another website i follow went down about the same time and both are powered by vBulletin. There forum section got hit. Again thanks for getting us back up
Tom

Can you mail me back channel with the URL? I've been contacted by a bunch of sites who heard about it - who also have vBulletin websites - and there's chatter going on, etc.

Thanks,
//sse

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Thank You!

Thanks everyone for the nice thoughts and good wishes regarding this most recent wrinkle in the life of EY.o. I appreciate your continued interest and enthusiasm for the site and concern about the recent hacking.

I've been in touch with several admins at other sites and we're comparing notes. As I learn more about this, I'll post it here.

Thanks,
//sse

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
Someone in Russia has been attempting to log in to various people's accounts over at the Moyer website. I'm no expert, but it suggests that maybe they are gaining access through the account of someone with poor password security. Folks, if your password is "password" or something equally lame, you might want to update it. It couldn't hurt.

Sean Engle

Administrator
Founder
Someone in Russia has been attempting to log in to various people's accounts over at the Moyer website. I'm no expert, but it suggests that maybe they are gaining access through the account of someone with poor password security. Folks, if your password is "password" or something equally lame, you might want to update it. It couldn't hurt.

Yep - Moyer's admin is one of the people I'm talking to. Apparently this Russian has been hitting lots of vBulletin sites... More later...

senecadaze

Member I
Awesome! every evening I would go to my favs and click on EY hoping that it would appear again. life is good again!

fgmjrmorton

RE: Site Crash - Thank You Sean

Sean,<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

All of us, almost all Ericson owners, who frequent this site owe you a huge amount of gratitude!!!! Thank you for all that you do to make our boating life more enjoyable.<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

Fred Morton
1979 Ericson 29 “Firelady III”<o:p></o:p>

Last edited:

Wysailer

Member II
Thanks

As a new sailor and also one far removed from good sources of local assistance this site has been and I am grateful to say will continue to be extremely helpful to me.
Thanks for all you do. Well done!

Ace

Thank You

I am very greatful for the fantastic site that you have created. I am ashamed to share a the same atmosphere with the losers who did this

Status
Not open for further replies.