• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

SanSimeon

I am restoring (slowly) my 1985 E27 which is currently in her slip. I would like to put the boat on the hard at our home. Does anyone have plans for a cradle or pictures specs? Also, does anyone have a rough estimate of the price to move a similar boat from marina to a residence. In our case the distance is only 6 miles. Thanks in advance. DK dkatl@hotmail.com

dt222

Member III
My costs

I think it depends on what the going rate is in your area, and if there are any local boat haulers.

For my haul out in October breakdown was:

Hauling- $7/ft $189.
Mileage- $3.75/mi ( 10 mi.each way) 75.
Fuel Surcharge $.50 mi (each way) 10.
Crane Service (Mast only) 125.
Labor 60.

TOTAL $459.

I could have saved $125 if I had unstepped the mast myself (there are past posts about this).

As far as a cradle, instead, I bought 5 used stands off of Craigslist for $200 and use those each year (easier to store than a cradle), but then up here we haul out each year.

Good luck.

Don

clp

Member III
I can't say about the haul costs, as this may vary widely, depending on many things.

I will however go along with the stands thought though. They're not very expensive, even about a hundred bucks each if they are brand new. Just block the keel, and put four stands under it, done deal. And it will be WAY easier to work on the bottom without some huge cradle under it. And if you have the FIFTH jack, you can easily move one of the others out of the way, to get to the spot where the prior one was..