• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Tall Ship "Battle"

Rob Salinas

Member II
Greetings, according to The Log there will be a mock "battle" between four tall ships outside L A Harbor/ San Pedro Sat. Dec 29 2012. Our ( L.A.) official tall ships, Irving & Exy Johnson, will take on Washington State based Lady Washington and the Hawaiian Chieftain in a 19th century-style cannon "battle". War starts at 2pm. Tickets to crew on the ships can be purchased for $60-adults, $50-seniors, $40-kids 12 and under. If your on the water to watch,I would suggest staying clear of the business end of the cannons, as a couple of months ago a crew person aboard a tall ship was shot when someone accidentally (?) loaded a cannon with buckshot! She refused to be taken back to port for medical treatment till after the battle!( just a flesh wound sir) talk about taking one or a few for the team! Any way looks like fun, maybe the So. Cal. Ericson flotilla should be rounded up just in case Irving& Exy need some back-up. I hope the weather co-operates with these fronts that have been moving through. Weather permitting I'll be out, Maluhia has the green cove stripe.

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Good Thread, Rob!

Kathy and I did a "battle cruise" aboard the Hawian Chieftan in its home harbor @ Westport, WA, several summers ago.
It was loads of loud and smoky fun!
:egrin:

Watching the crew mangage all those many sheets and braces while the two dueling vessels tacked all 'round to gain an advantage was way cool -- tiring just to watch!

Read a Sabatini novel before you go out, to put you in the proper mood.
:)

Loren

Attachments

• Captain Blood book cover.jpg
    Captain Blood book cover.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 61
Last edited: