• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WANTED: E27 boom with end-boom sheeting and through-boom reefing lines.

Andrew Means

Member III
I've got an E-27 and I fear I'm just making the boom into swiss cheese trying to add enough cleats and guys to run the reefing lines. I'd like to clean it up and run the lines back to the cockpit, and the nicest way to do that is probably to get a new boom and run the lines through it.

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
I was trying to decipher all of the cleats and eyes bolted onto my boom, and figure out what they were for. Then somewhere I found a diagram from an old catalina manual. Bingo! That was it exactly. There only seems to be provision for one reefing line though.

It may not be exactly what you want, but they also sell a complete single-line reefing kit at catalina direct.

Andrew Means

Member III
Yeah, I've got most of that stuff already (although the image on that page does give a really clear example of what's needed); I was just hoping to simplify the stuff on the boom...

Randy Rutledge

Sustaining Member
I modified the boom on my E29 T for internal reefing lines. I still go to the mast to reef but thisd handles the outhaul and downhaul on the reef well. I made the guides for the shieves to fit the boom. This and a loop in the reef tack and it is an easy four step reef. ease the halyard to a marked position for the reef, pill the loop over the hook at the mast end of the boom, tighten the reef line and tighten halyard.

Attachments

• P3110549s.jpg
    P3110549s.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 61
  • P3110541s.jpg
    P3110541s.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 68