• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

6th annual Bash to the Colonies

mggrave

A few pictures of the annual Bash to the Colonies event on Lewis and Clark Lake (Yankton, SD) held in August. The race is a for fun event in which hobies and mono-hauls race in classes up the lake and back. All entry fees and donations go to Special Olympics South Dakota. Course is roughly 30 Miles. I have had to run the committee boat for years, but that all changed since I bought Havoc this spring I finally got to race and took home 1st in my class! Here are some pictures of the race The Blue hauled Ericson with the spinaker (first time running it was race day) is mine, lots of crew and fun.

I post this as an idea for local yacht clubs to run with and allow sailboaters that may not be into racing to be able to participate. This race is an up and down race depending on the wind a 1 tack race. Check out the website at www.bashtothecolonies.com

If you would like more information let me know.

Thanks,
Mike Grave
Havoc
Ericson 32-2

Attachments

• 2012-08-26 16.33.02.jpg
    2012-08-26 16.33.02.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 53
  • photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    43.2 KB · Views: 55
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 50
  • photo-4.JPG
    photo-4.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 56
  • photo-5.JPG
    photo-5.JPG
    40.4 KB · Views: 60

Lucky Dog

Member III
Great fun! A friend of mine use to put a open class race and picnic. Extra points for silly hats, super soarers are encouraged.