• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Vessel Assist tells us they will come through and made a mistake

ref_123

Member III
Hi Sven,

glad it's working out. We are not members but our one-time experience with VesselAssist had been nothing but pleasant. Our 7-year old loves them :). For her the towing was a nice adventure.

Salvage companies of course operate under "rescue" rather than "assistance" premices, so some of them assume that anything (and anyone) goes... So, reading about your experience my wife and I looked at each other and promised that we would ever call a salvage company only if the boat destruction or sinking is imminent.

On a side note - did you ever figure out why the fuel gauge was showing empty? That is probably not connected to a fuel leak...

Also, in our 32-3, due to a fuel tank form (tetraeder, more or less, with the gauge tube in the deepest corner) when a gauge shows 1/2 that means TROUBLE as by than most fuel is gone. Learned it the hard way when we ran out of fuel - I thought I had half a tank when in reality I had only a few gallons left... And than watched as fuel gauge vent from 1/2 to empty in a matter of 3 hours. Fortunately, engine died 3 yards away from the dock :).

Regards,
Stan