• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Electrical Panel Replacement on E35............

Chris Hugh

We are trying to replace the electrical panels on our Ericson 35 and were wondering if anyone knows of a replacement panel that will fit (Blue Sea Systems, etc.). We haven't been able to locate replacement breakers for the existing panels, so are going to replace it.

Thank you!

ChrisE35 Electrical Panel.jpg

markvone

Sustaining Member
Tyco W23/31 Series Breakers

Chris,

I have had several breaker failures on my 1981 E36RH since I got it last year. The breakers are Tyco W23/31 series. I have the W23 push button, looks like you have the W31 toggle. Attached is a scan of the Tyco catalog page trolled from the internet. They are rated by amperage and work for AC both and DC. I've found them online for between $20-25 for the 15 amp.

View attachment Tyco Breaker_1308242_W23W31.pdf

I've considered redoing both of my panels but that is a MUCH bigger job (including redesign of a large portion of the Nav Station on the E36RH) so for now I just bought a bunch of 15a W23s. Here's a link to where you can buy them: http://octopart.com/w31-x2m1g-15-tyco+electronics-555559

Mark

Chris Hugh

Thank you Mark........

Mark --

Thank you very much. We're considering 3 options:

1. Replacing all of the breakers and indicator lights on the existing panels
2. Making custom panels out of G10 composite with Blue Sea breakers, etc.
3. Using Blue Sea 8693, 8097 and separate meters

Please let us know if you would like any of the information on the custom panels, etc.

Cheers,

Chris