• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Yard Suggestion: Lake Union/Ship Canal/This side of Lake Washington

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Hi everyone -

I have a friend who just purchased a sailboat that's on Lake Union - and she's looking for the best yard to take it to so she can do the bottom. Can I get some feedback on local yards (Seattle)? When I had my boat, it was in Tacoma - so my knowledge is not helpful....

Thanks!
//sse

Calendrû

Member I
Canal Boatyard

Hi Sean,

I recently (May) had my boat hauled out at the Canal Boatyard. and was very pleased with their prices and service. I only had the hull pressure wash done so I can't rate their work, but they were very accomodating for a small boat. The round-trip haulout for under 45 feet is $8/foot with a mandatory enviornmental charge of $60. Pressure wash was $3.50/foot and laydays are $1/foot.

http://www.canalboatyard.com/Welcome.html

Personally friendly and gracious, I couldn't recommend them highly enough.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Thanks veyr much - I found them and two others in the Ship Canal/Lake Union area, and have forwarded them to the new owner.

Appreciate the info/ref!

Thanks,
//sse

hodo

Member III
yards

Hi Sean, If your friend wants to work on it herself, I found Delta on the Duwamish a good deal. Footrope put me onto them. No yard fee for the first 3 weeks. That was 2 years ago, and I will be hauling again next summer.
Harold