• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

interior cushions

Chris Remson

Hi everyone
It's winter and I'm working on my usual list of projects to keep "BYE DESIGN", our '78 34T, looking good and performing well. I'm now thinking of tackling the interior cushion upholstery. Currently, the cushions are upholstered in a patterned, velvet-like uphostery ( I'm not sure what its called, but its very common). Rather than simply recovering the straight foam cushions, I'd really like to use a softer foam with a vinyl-type upholstery- like that found on the newer production boats. Also, I'd like to add a little more shape to the backs, perhaps a slight rounded bolster for the lower backs. I realize that this will affect the usefullness of the dinette for use as a berth, but the current cushions just aren't very comfortable.
I chartered a Moorings 473 earlier this year and loved the comfort of its cushions and the ease of maintenance of the vinyl upholstery, which could be wiped off with a wet towel for cleaning.
Has anyone tried upgrading their interior cushions in this (or similar) fashion. Any info on how and where to do so would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I'm not enough of a do-it-yourselfer to try this at home! I'm interested in having this professionally done.
Thanks

JORGE

Member III
Have you tried Sailrite.com, or Sailnet.com, they both offer services, and Sailrite offers vinyl/ fabrics and instructions. Maybe you can haul the cushions to a local re-upholstery shop