• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 28 storage

Bob Brigham

Member II
Anyone figure out a way to make the port cockpit lazarette useful on the E 28? I was thinking that some webbing/netting would allow some storage there...right now it is just empty space with anything I place there bumping into the fuel tank...or worse...the engine!

chitown

Anyone figure out a way to make the port cockpit lazarette useful on the E 28? I was thinking that some webbing/netting would allow some storage there...right now it is just empty space with anything I place there bumping into the fuel tank...or worse...the engine!

Have a look around the top and the very bottom of the space for Boat Cover snaps. The will look like these (Boat Snap Link) or maybe the snaps are gone and only screw holes are there? In any case, my 28 has a piece of canvas that is kept in place by these snaps. The Canvas keeps the things I put in my lazarette from finding their way to the engine compartment. Good Luck !

adavid

Member II
Have a look around the top and the very bottom of the space for Boat Cover snaps. The will look like these (Boat Snap Link) or maybe the snaps are gone and only screw holes are there? In any case, my 28 has a piece of canvas that is kept in place by these snaps. The Canvas keeps the things I put in my lazarette from finding their way to the engine compartment. Good Luck !

Same exact thing on my '86 E28 (sold).