• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Fridge Lid Insulation on E39B

boatboy

Inactive Member
Our E-39B still has the original wood lid/door for it's fridge. It's 5/8" thick with no insulation at all. It comes as no surprise that the top half of the space stays a little cooler than room temperature, while the bottom half is frozen solid. I think adding some foam to the lid would probably help improve the situation.

Does anyone have thought on adding insulation to this original lid that will look reasonably professional? Also any thoughts on putting a fan in the box for moving the cold air around?

Thanks

Ray Rhode

Member III
Greg,

My 84 E35-III has a foam filled plastic tub attached to the bottom of the lids and the rest of the ice box top. The fixed section was warped and falling down so I removed it and made up a replacement from regular foam insulation glued together and covered in aluminum tape. I believe you could do the same for the lid. I will send you photos of the piece I made for the fixed section. I would post them but I'd probably mess it up.

Ray Rhode
S/Y Journey
E35-III, #189