• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E 35 III Main Salon Table

jim kizziar

Member I
My E 35 III main salon table takes up so much room we usually stow it in the quarterberth until it is needed for dining. I want to make a smaller "cocktail table" to fit on the existing support leg that will not take up as much room, yet provide space for a solo lunch or (better) drink and magazine when relaxing below.

Anyone have experience with this idea? photos or dimensions would be appreciated.

An Ericson 35 III owner in Hilton Head, N.C. has produced a (great looking) smaller table (see the Yachtworld.com site under boats for sale, Ericson 35, 1986 model). I would appreciate hearing from this owner if he receives this inquiry.

jim kizziar

Member I
correction to main salon table post

the example I provided in my post was for a 1987 E 35 III and not a 1986. sorry for the incorrect information, and I hope the owner forgives me for making his boat a year older.

jim kizziar

Member I
Thanks to the owner of the E 35 III for responding on the "cocktail table". It is a great use of the space when the full dining table is not needed.

Steve

Member III
Can you share your table project?

We are also thinking of the same project on our 35-3. No sense of reinventing the wheel, so any info or progess report would be great!

Steve

jim kizziar

Member I
Yachtworld.com has photos of the 1986 E35 III with the smaller cocktail table (Go to used boats for sale, Ericson 35, the model for sale from Hiltonhead). The owner called me and stated that the table is about 16" square, 3/4 inch solid teak with teak trim. he used the same mounting deck plate and adjustable pole as for the production table with an underside table plate.