• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson year built and month built?

jhackbar

I am purchasing a 1977 Ericson 27. The hull number is ERY27091M77G1. I am filling out a CA DMV registration form which asks for the 'year built' and 'month built'. Any idea how I can figure this out? If not I am not sure what to put on the form?

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Look Here

This link should give you the answer. Looks like February 1977.

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/hin.html

BTW, I think your Hull Identification Number may be missing a digit. After the "27" is the hull number. I believe it should be 1091. My hull number is 1000, built in 1976. If I recall correctly CA DMV form only allows for 13 digits, which may be why yours was "shortened".

If you want to verify, the HID is "stamped" in the upper right hand corner of the transom.

Last edited:

jhackbar

Thank you for the quick response Todd! February 1977 works for me. I will be sure to check the hull number next time I am down at the boat. Thanks again, John

Cory B

Sustaining Member
Feb 1977 looks correct, but HINs of that vintage are all 12 digits. The traiing "1" is not part of the formal HIN - leaving it off makes a "valid" HIN of the remainder.

Last edited:

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Oops.

but HINs of that vintage are all 12 digits. The traiing "1" is not part of the formal HIN - leaving it off makes a "valid" HIN of the remainder.

Yup... I stand corrected. I checked my HID on Friday and no "1", just "000" for the hull number. But John, your hull number is still 1091.