• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Cancer From Our Water Tanks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PDX

Member III
I have no issue with greed or naked self interest. I'm a business owner. I like profit. What I don't like is Gov't interference through assistance, bailouts, subsidies, etc. If a business does well, generally it benefits the owners, (shareholders), employees, and customers, etc. When a business fails it should be allowed to fail. The failure should affect the owners, (shareholders), employees, and customers. There is no such thing as "too big to fail". Businesses will take ever larger risks if they believe that they will be bailed out should something go afoul. If the decision makers in the firm broke the law, then jail them. If people lost their investments, that is the way it goes. Investing has risks. Thats what due diligence is for. If the returns sound to good to be true, they are. Greed is self regulating. When people take a risk and get burned, or jailed, that teaches a lesson. Bailing them out does not, it simply takes money from the people who made smart decisions and gives it to the stupid. And this is getting way to political.

RT

Gee, do you think? After two separate right wing diatribes that have nothing to do with the original topic?

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Gee, do you think? After two separate right wing diatribes that have nothing to do with the original topic?
Right wing? Common sense is germain to every topic, and all sides of the political aisle should try it on for size. But to label something as "right wing" is a pretty devisive comment.

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Time to get back to Ericson's....

Waaay far from the topic we came in on.
Time to close this thread.
(There are whole sections of the internet for political diatribes. This just does not happen to be one of them.)

LB

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Please Stick to Sailing/Boating/Maintenance/Drinking/Going Broke....

Uh.....ok - so some folks emailed me about this thread so here it is:

Loren is correct: Please try and stick to non-political topics, ok? We have people from all over the world on this site, and from the full political spectrum. The country is in the middle of upheaval right now - and I would really prefer if we keep this site and its boards free of the kind of hyperbolic BS that's infected the rest of the nation.

You don't have to go very far on the web to find my own political leanings (I'm no wilting flower, I assure you) - but oddly enough, you won't find them here. I've been very careful not to exhibit them on this site for this very reason: we are here to enjoy sailing and Ericsons and finding a way to continue that enjoyment in our lives for as long as possible.

The web is full of forums where you can go to spew political viewpoints - please don't do it here.

Thanks,
//sse

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.