• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

O-34, in SF, coming onto the market

Cat Paws

Loren. A former partner of mine in a Santana 22 wishes look into selling his Olsen 34, berthed in Berkeley. I am attaching the information I have been able to dig up with his spouse's help. Charles Brochard up here (also raced with us in Santanas) has a short masted version that he races and he suggested I contact you. The question is, what are these things worth these days.
I have attached the information sheet as a Word doc.
Thanks for any help, Bob

Attachments

• CAT PAWS_doc.doc
    26.5 KB · Views: 189

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Loren. A former partner of mine in a Santana 22 wishes look into selling his Olsen 34, berthed in Berkeley. I am attaching the information I have been able to dig up with his spouse's help. Charles Brochard up here (also raced with us in Santanas) has a short masted version that he races and he suggested I contact you. The question is, what are these things worth these days.
I have attached the information sheet as a Word doc.
Thanks for any help, Bob

Sounds like a standard boat with recent sails and rig.
Tall rig and a tiller are plus features for many shoppers, imho.

That model is very rare, partly because only about 39 were ever made, and partly because "full cruise interior and full performance exteriors" have all but disappeared :( from the yachting market.

Before the recession hit, I would have said "60K"... Now not so sure.

My SWAG would be more like 50K +, if the survey report is good on deck coring and diesel health. Luckily those Universal's have a great rep for long lives - like up to 4500 hours, if an engineer at Universal/Westerbeke I spoke to is to be believed.
Decks on the 80's Ericsons and Olsons have an excellent reputation for great hardware bedding practices being used.

On the other side... I am not a disinterested observer! :)

Charlie should be able to help you out, There are several other Bay area Olson owners lurking here, too. I shall move this to the
For Sale forum if there is a contact person. Perhaps it could be you, in the short term.

Sidebar: While I like a few brokers a lot while having less respect for some others, on the whole a good one can *really* help an owner in a situation like this.
Posing the question of who to trust in your area for brokerage services (and also names of good surveyors) is often very rewarding. Lots of Ericson owners in the great SF Bay area, and usually some great trusted names will show up on several lists.

Best,
Loren

(who wishes he could have found a tiller model when he was shopping... once upon a time)

Last edited:

fnkalish

Also interested

I would also be interested in hearing more about the boat once it is for sale.

Thanks,

Fred

Cat Paws

Olson 34 on the market

Loren. Just posted this boat here and listed in Latutude 38. Best, Bob

Sounds like a standard boat with recent sails and rig.
Tall rig and a tiller are plus features for many shoppers, imho.

That model is very rare, partly because only about 39 were ever made, and partly because "full cruise interior and full performance exteriors" have all but disappeared :( from the yachting market.

Before the recession hit, I would have said "60K"... Now not so sure.

My SWAG would be more like 50K +, if the survey report is good on deck coring and diesel health. Luckily those Universal's have a great rep for long lives - like up to 4500 hours, if an engineer at Universal/Westerbeke I spoke to is to be believed.
Decks on the 80's Ericsons and Olsons have an excellent reputation for great hardware bedding practices being used.

On the other side... I am not a disinterested observer! :)

Charlie should be able to help you out, There are several other Bay area Olson owners lurking here, too. I shall move this to the
For Sale forum if there is a contact person. Perhaps it could be you, in the short term.

Sidebar: While I like a few brokers a lot while having less respect for some others, on the whole a good one can *really* help an owner in a situation like this.
Posing the question of who to trust in your area for brokerage services (and also names of good surveyors) is often very rewarding. Lots of Ericson owners in the great SF Bay area, and usually some great trusted names will show up on several lists.

Best,
Loren

(who wishes he could have found a tiller model when he was shopping... once upon a time)

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I know someone currently seeking an O-34 in my area.
Anyone know the status of this boat? If still on the market, some pix would be very helpful.

Loren

Cat Paws

I know someone currently seeking an O-34 in my area.
Anyone know the status of this boat? If still on the market, some pix would be very helpful.

Loren

This boat was sold in June of 2013<object type="cosymantecnisbfw" cotype="cs" id="SILOBFWOBJECTID" style="width: 0px; height: 0px; display: block;"></object>