• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

HIN Decoder & Builder Lookup App for iPhone/iPad

Cory B

Sustaining Member
My latest foray into iOS is in the app store now - HINSearchPlus.

It's a Hull Identification Number (HIN) decoder/validator and builder lookup App. I know there are various free methods available on line, but this app has the advantages of:
1) It has a much easier to use, flexible, and integrated interface (granted, I'm biased).
2) The entire USCG manufacturer database in built into the app (its big, but not that big), which lets it work without needing an Internet connection.

And to keep it Ericson related, some of the sample screenshots in the App Store show Ericson Yachts.

It's in the App store HERE, and I have general info page at www.HINSearchPlus.com.

It's free right now, but I am planning on converting it to a pay app in a week or so.

iphone_pretty2.png

PS I know the App says Ericson was started in 1976, which we all know is wrong, but that's what the USCG database claims - their data from the 70's isn't very accurate. And if you want a grin, look up the USCG comments on Hunters request for a new HIN.

Last edited:

Cory B

Sustaining Member
HIN Search Update

Hello all,

I've updated the app periodically the last 1.5 yrs, and it has been renamed "HIN Search"

The most recent version includes a "favorites" for you to keep notes on boats you see, and will detect "suspicious" HINs.

The app has the latest USCG MIC (boat manufacturer) database built into it, so it will work no matter where you are, even far away from Internet access.

You can visit the webpage at www.HINSearchPlus.com, go straight to it in the Apple App Store, or simply search for “HIN Search” in the App store.

I’m doing a pricing experiment right now, and just changed it to 1/2 off (99 cents in USA & Canada) until the end of March.

I’d appreciate any feedback offered. Thank you.

Last edited: