• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Minnies Swap Meet

Dave Neptune

Member II
Just a heads up for you that are close to Newport Beach. Minnies will be hosting it's anual "Swap :egrin: Meet" this sunday morning starting at O-dark thirty.
I will be working the Corsair Yacht Clubs booth so if your there stop by and say howdy.
Lots of deals for those who arrive early:rolleyes:.

Dave Neptune :cool:

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Shut up. I don't want to hear it. If anyone dares to mention all the ridiculous deals I passed up this morning, I'll...I'lll..., crap. Somehow I'll make you feel equally as awful as I for having to miss this. Damn, I need so much that I can't budget at retail prices....

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Shut up. I don't want to hear it. ....

I think we will make you think a little longer on all of the great deals you missed out on, based upon your comment :egrin:

What were you looking for and I will tell you if I saw it. As far as I know, Dave never left his post. I got there at 5:15 a.m. and had to drive down the block to find a place to park! Went up and down the aisle at least 4 times and left around 9:30 am. I had 2 loads in my cart, mostly "smalls" as Frank and Mike from American Pickers calls them. I think I spent $250 total.

As usual, there were those who would take just about any reasonable offer for an item because they just wanted to get rid of them and then there were those who were less likely to haggle. My best buys were a new masthead light for $3 and a pair of new WM waterproof speakers ($99 retail) for $10.

There is always next year!

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
I think we will make you think a little longer on all of the great deals you missed out on, based upon your comment :egrin:

What were you looking for and I will tell you if I saw it. As far as I know, Dave never left his post. I got there at 5:15 a.m. and had to drive down the block to find a place to park! Went up and down the aisle at least 4 times and left around 9:30 am. I had 2 loads in my cart, mostly "smalls" as Frank and Mike from American Pickers calls them. I think I spent $250 total.

As usual, there were those who would take just about any reasonable offer for an item because they just wanted to get rid of them and then there were those who were less likely to haggle. My best buys were a new masthead light for $3 and a pair of new WM waterproof speakers ($99 retail) for $10.

There is always next year!

Any honey holes?

Any yellow cleavage tats?

Dave Neptune

Member II
Ho-hum

Well that was my 7th year in a row of working the CYC booth and the first time I actually headed it up. This year and last were very slow when compared to just a couple of years ago. Lots of sellers and not many buyers. Although this year those in the "know" were there however due to an advertising error those that arrive out of curiosity from the advertising were misinformed. Some of the adds that went out had start at noon not done by noon, so not a lot of JQpublic showed up. Those that did show up really wanted to deal. We started dropping our prices by 8am and were pretty much done by 10:30. I did sell 2 sabots after we packed them back on to my suburban and that was a big relief not to have them back. This is the first year that Minney's did not buy the left overs via a low-ball offer at the end of the day~~ouch.
Hopefully next year will be better. I did not buy anything this year and yes it was mostly financial!

Todd good to see you, no mistaking your "ride".

Dave NEptune :cool: