• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Dock party ...

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
It is time to actually cast off !

View attachment 11049

It was great visiting with you and Nancy again yesterday. Thanks for taking the time to let my Pal Rob see Senta II.

Casting off, Very Exciting!! :clap:You know I will be at your dock party.

I encourage everyone to bring you large, heavy and bulky parting gifts! :devil:

"The point of no return" is not just a Kansas song. :scared:

Attachments

• Ed Miracle I Told You So.jpg
    Ed Miracle I Told You So.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Bon Voyage

Kathy and I would love to be there too.
Best wishes from both of us!
:egrin:

Loren

windjunkee

Member III
We would love to be there for the send off. Don't know if we can swing it with Little League games and other varied kid-activities. If we can't make it, have a great trip.

Jim McCone
Voice of Reason E-32-2 Hull #134
Redondo Beach, CA

Sam Vickery

Member III
Sven & Nancy,

Pam and I will be there for the proper send off. Looking forward to seeing the two of you.

Sam
86 32-3

Sven

Seglare
Hi Mark,

Very cool Sven and Nancy! Where are you heading first?

Probably up to a month exploring the local islands. Then, if we feel comfortable enough out towards Hawaii with the idea that we'd swing up to the PNW for the summer. Even if we don't get up there we'd stay north of Mexico until after hurricane season and then head south.

IOW, no longer on a schedule :)

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
We'll try to keep that info up to date on the web site, when we have access: http://www.grenander.com

If you use http://www.vesselfinder.com/ and put in "Senta II" you should also be able to see our last reported position when we are in VHF range.

6 days and counting :0305_alar

-Sven

Wow that's pretty cool, even shows you a photo of Senta II. I for one will be keeping an eye on you. :egrin:

Attachments

• SENTA II.jpg
    SENTA II.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 202

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Wow that's pretty cool, even shows you a photo of Senta II. I for one will be keeping an eye on you. :egrin:

You show up on my Marine Traffic app (and www.marinetraffic.com), but not on ShipFinder or ShipFinder.com (entered boat name and MMSI). MarineTraffic.com needs a pic!

What transponder are you using? I just bought an AIS receiver (Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF/DSC/AIS) and I'm really happy with it.

Sven

Seglare
You show up on my Marine Traffic app (and www.marinetraffic.com), but not on ShipFinder or ShipFinder.com (entered boat name and MMSI).

Some of the services don't display class B transponders. We do show up on Vesselfinder.com but did not show up on marinetraffic.com in the past.

MarineTraffic.com needs a pic!

If we show up I'll post one :egrin:

What transponder are you using? I just bought an AIS receiver (Standard Horizon GX2150 VHF/DSC/AIS) and I'm really happy with it.

We got the one sold by Simrad, NX300 or something like that. It took a long time to get it hooked up but it seems to work fine.

-Sven

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Some of the services don't display class B transponders. We do show up on Vesselfinder.com but did not show up on marinetraffic.com in the past.

If we show up I'll post one :egrin:

We got the one sold by Simrad, NX300 or something like that. It took a long time to get it hooked up but it seems to work fine.

-Sven

We've had a handheld DSC VHF in the dinghy/ditch bag for a while, but never really used the DSC features. Now that we have the fixed unit with DSC and AIS, I'm not sure how we lived without it! I love the direct dialing, and being able to locate the dinghy on the mother ship's chart plotter. And one-click direct hailing of AIS targets? Priceless.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Bon Voyage Sven & Nancy!

Bon Voyage to Sven & Nancy as they cast off to wander the globe on Senta II! Beam Winds to you both! Live the dream friends!

Great to meet all your wonderful friends and to see Sam again and meet his wife Pam. :egrin:

Attachments

• Bon Voyage Sven & Nancy as they cast off to wander the globe on Senta II!  Beam Winds to you bot.jpg
    Bon Voyage Sven & Nancy as they cast off to wander the globe on Senta II! Beam Winds to you bot.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 174

Sven

Seglare
Great to meet all your wonderful friends and to see Sam again and meet his wife Pam. :egrin:

Thanks Jeff and Sam and Pam and Mike and all the JPL and non-Ericson owners !

We had a great time and are now looking forward to actually dropping the lines on Tuesday after Todd picks up the dock steps on Tuesday. IOW we can see the light at the end of the tunnel and it is not an oncoming train :egrin:

-Sven

MarkA

Please Contact Admin.
Looks like they are on their way!

http://www.vesselfinder.com Type in Senta II :egrin:

Yes, but they must have found the edge :0

Either that, or they're not transmitting. Or their Class B transponder (typically 2 watts) isn't reaching my antenna in the Main Channel.

I think I've picked up some Class B's in Avalon and Two Harbors from here, but not many. Class A's no problem.