• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

1968 Ericson 23 Manual

kuhuna3

Hi,

I recently picked up a '68 Ericson 23, and am looking for a copy of the owner's manual, as well as any other publications that might be of use. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
In those days a "manual" might have been typed out... and it was common for drawings to be hand done and then reproduced.

I have no idea what sort of paperwork came with the boats, but there were very few systems to draw up for a small pocket cruiser. There was likely a rigging plan and some specs.

Check the Downloads section here to see what other owners have u/l to the site over the years.
Other owners might be checking in with suggestions, too.

LB

PDX

Member III
I'm not aware that anything resembling a manual was done in 1968. What your boat probably came with resembled something like this:

attachment.php

kuhuna3

Thanks for the help, I downloaded the info available on this site. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for this model?

Vagabond39

Member III
E 23

What I have for a wiring diagram is for a E 23 -II. And it bears little resemblence to the wiring in my E 23 - II.. The Battery shown in the Stbd. cockpit locker is CL ubser the companionway steps. The showr power breaker shown on stbd side are mounted to port. The three 11oV AC outlets are ONE adjacent to the breaker to Port.However th Battery Switch and six fuse / switch panel are on the aft Stbd Bulkhead, as shown.
The switches / fuses
Running lights. Port, starbord and stern lights White wire Black negative return.
Bow Light. Brown wire.
Cabin Lights (3) Red wire 12 V flouresent Stbd, port, and an incondesent bu potty.
Compass / Spreader Light Yellow
Accessory / Masthead light Blue
My mast head is #3 vice Bow light and so marked.
the bottom two are marked Accessory/
The wires for the Masthead and (Non existant) Spreader lights run down through the bildge { A NO NO}
Apparently a Previous owner had an Alternator equiped outboard, as two bolts through the port cockpit locker bulkhead had battery cables to the battery.
The drawing is a copy of a copy of a copy and is semi legable, as well as incorrect.
Have Fun!

golfdug

Schematic

Did you ever get a copy of the schematic? I too could use it. My wiring was mostly ripped out except for some tiny ends sticking out of the fiberglass. Been a real challenge toning the various wires.Thanks,Doug