• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bracket to hang Bruce (claw) anchor on stern pulpit ?

Sven

Seglare
Once we install the Cape Horn wind vane in the aft lazarette the stern anchor will have to find a new home. For crossings we'd probably stow it down below but when coastal hopping we'd want it readily accessible, hanging off the stern pulpit. I had designed a conceptual hinged anchor roller and stower but don't think we'll be able to get the detailed design and fabrication done before we leave so I'm looking for just a bracket.

Ideas ?

Thanks,

-Sven

Glyn Judson

How to stow your Bruce.

Sven, This may not be what you're looking for but could start you or others thinking of a better solution. I mounted this bracket http://bosunsupplies.com/products2.cfm?product=L2040 to the bow of our E25+ and stowed our Bruce 22 pound anchor in it.....UPSIDE DOWN. The trip line eye on the anchor aligned perfectly with the keeper pin. Additionally I fashioned a length of 3/8" shock cord into a loop belt together with several stainless hog rings. That loop fit over and around both flukes and cleanly attached to the bow pulpit. One flip of the shock cord and the anchor was free to be released from the keeper pin and deployed. It worked like a charm and was the only option available to me at the time. I don't think there is anything else made that comes close to a Bruce "bracket" as such and I'd be interested to hear of others pointing them out to me. The brand name of the one I used was locally made right here in Marina del Rey (I think), was nationally marketed but seems not to be around any longer. I want to say that they called themselves SwingLine or something close to that. Ideas and help anyone? You could mount the bracket to one side or other of the cockpit coaming at the transom and secure the flukes to the stern rail. Sorry, that's all I could come up with to solve the same problem on our boat. Cheers, Glyn