• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Time to Plan 2012 Rendez Vous...Where..When...Who???

Mike H

Member I
NW Rendezvous 2012 who when what

I 'm also assuming July 7-8 at Sidney Spit. This is my first rendezvous and I'm wondering what to expect. Do we anchor out, raft up or is there moorage anywhere? North Saanich? Is anyone organizing this?

rudy

Member II
2012 Rendezvous

Hi all Vikings,
Can someone who is close to Sidney or Victoria take the helm? We are happy to lend a hand, but need someone "Captain? First Mate?" to start the ball "er boat" rolling. We're on Denman Is. but will do our best to assist from here.
So far the date has been set, but not the exact location. A raft-up has been suggested, but as one person pointed out, it is hard to really socialize and visit each others boats. I would be happy to phone the Marina in Sydney & see if we can get space for our boats but need to know how many would like to be in there. There was another marina suggested in an earlier post, and we can check that one out as well. If anyone can get some prizes together, get in touch. Please let us know if you are planning on attending, and volunteer any suggestions to make this a GREAT RENDEZVOUS.
Rudy & Patricia
"Dawnsailer"

<dawnsailer2@gmail.com>

rudy

Member II
Chas and Judy,
Can you take "the helm"?? We would be happy to help ! Can you also find out if the North Sannich Yacht Club can accommodate all the boats on the 7th & 8th.

The only trouble with Port Sidney for a Rendezvous is : On the last two occasions we had our Rendezvous there was they did not put us in as a group but spread us all over the marina map !!
" Not Good" for visiting or showing that "WE" are together as a Rendezvous. Especially if it"s raining like the last time I attended. I would vote for Sidney North Saanich Yacht Club Friday night. (modest prices) especially if we told them we were coming and they cooked a Hip of beef with veggies? Then we go to Sidney spit in the morning -using mooring cans or, weather permitting a nice big raft up. Give more of your thoughts . We could also have a dance after dinner at Sidney North Sannich Yacht Club if we so desired. We can also get recipricals at the Capital City Yacht Club 100 yard acrose the Blue Heron Basin. We have room that way for over 25 boats. Plus marinas near by.

Chas and Judi EDEN E 30+ # 720:egrin:

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Ericson Rendezvous 2012

Chas and Judy,
Can you take "the helm"?? We would be happy to help ! Can you also find out if the North Sannich Yacht Club can accommodate all the boats on the 7th & 8th.

The reasons and behind my "Chas and Judi" not getting involved in the rendevous are as follows'' plans :egrin: are a waste and dissapointment ei stuck with a bevey of "T" shirts (although being sold at cost and even below cost).. I will however reiterate on my prevous blog Sidney North Sannich Yacht club and Capital City Yacht club across the ditch moorage first come first serve- Dinner at the North Sannich Yacht club (by reservation Friday July 6 Sidney Spit Saturnday noon to Monday July 7-8
This should be a fun event visit, sing like no one is listening, GAM about boat or what new and interesting ideas you have done to your vessel to make it better for you, problems you have had' ( best fix) and other interesting tidbits you want to discuss . I have the promise and will be cruising with three other Ericsons to Sidney after a visit to Fisherman"s Bay in the San Juans for the American festivites on July 4
Hope to see as many of you as possible This is not Father's Day week end the excuses are useless.

Chas and Judi "EDEN" e 30+:):):esad:

oregon18

Rendezvous

This being our first attended rendezvous with the Ericson group (we purchased our 35-3 in San Diego and shipped to Olympia in Jan. 2011), we are looking forward to meeting all of the Ericson sailors in the PNW. We have been associated with the Albin Vega group for 12 years, and even though the majority of us own other boats, we still get together because we feel like family. We are looking forward to beginning a new relationship with all of you. We will be anchoring in Sidney spit on July7 and 8. If there is anything we can do to help with any festivities-we will try to pitch in--

Gloria and Jim
Ericson 35-3
"Gloria Jeanne"

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
2012 PNW Rendezvous

Greetings from Seattle!

I hope you guys had a good weekend up in Sydney - I'm sorry we could not make it; it was just too far and a bit much for us right now (I instead spent the weekend working in our yard and on my portfolio)...

Looking at the weather, it seems most of the rain came east of the islands - so I had hope you all had a nice dry weekend!

Oh - and Happy Father's Day! :egrin:

//sse

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2012

This being our first attended rendezvous with the Ericson group (we purchased our 35-3 in San Diego and shipped to Olympia in Jan. 2011), we are looking forward to meeting all of the Ericson sailors in the PNW. We have been associated with the Albin Vega group for 12 years, and even though the majority of us own other boats, we still get together because we feel like family. We are looking forward to beginning a new relationship with all of you. We will be anchoring in Sidney spit on July7 and 8. If there is anything we can do to help with any festivities-we will try to pitch in--

Gloria and Jim
Ericson 35-3
"Gloria Jeanne"

See you at Sidney Spit July 7- but first Dinner Frida July 6 at Sidney North Saanich Yact club make your reservationChas and judi Sv Eden E30+ # 720

Mike H

Member I
Some of us took a leap of faith that there would BE a rendezvous and went to Sidney Spit. Thank you to Jim and Gloria for their hospitality on their beautiful boat and for rounding us up in the bay. Thanks to Andrew and Melanie for their visits also. It was great meeting everyone.
This was our first rendezvous so we have nothing to compare it with but we do have a few suggestions.
For various reasons there was a lack of leadership and we are sure some boats did not attend because of the lack of clarity.
For the future,
It would probably be better to hold the event in a marina to facilitate visiting other boats. We were lucky with the weather this year.
It should be a marina, not a yacht club because not everyone has reciprocals and even if they do, they are often on a first come first served basis.
It would be good to have a marina with road access, then people without the time to sail there could drive and meet for a dinner on Saturday night.
We heard that the rendezvous in Port Townsend was wonderful and if it comes to Canada again perhaps we can do a better job of organization.
Any thoughts????
Mike, Ruth and Sophie (the ship's cat) :cat0:

wurzner

Member III
Who Showed Up and How Many Boats Were There

We were cruising and tried to hail the Ericson Rendez Vous folks via VHF on our way home Saturday...but not one responded. What was the turn out...the weather was fantastic!

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Calling up friends

We were cruising and tried to hail the Ericson Rendez Vous folks via VHF on our way home Saturday...but not one responded. What was the turn out...the weather was fantastic!

On this topic alone...
I wonder if we (Ericson owners) can learn to use the group contact capabilites I read about in the new DSC marine vhf radios?
Or am I misreading the promo materials -- again... !
:)

My "old" '88 model Furuno vhf is working fine, but one of these days......
:nerd:

LB

Mike H

Member I
Who went?

Nordic Pearl from Brentwood Bay, Gloria Jean from Olympia, Positive Results from Vancouver BC, and two other boats from Esquimault, Chas and Judi, and John and Lynn (not sure of the boat names). Saturday afternoon we all gathered on Gloria Jean. I guess we assumed anyone who was coming was already there or would just show up. Maybe next year we could set a few specific times to monitor the VHS?? The mighty few who showed up had a good time and will probably try again next year.
Mike, Ruth and Sophie (the ship's cat):cat0:

toddster

Curator of Broken Parts
Blogs Author
On this topic alone...
I wonder if we (Ericson owners) can learn to use the group contact capabilites I read about in the new DSC marine vhf radios?
Or am I misreading the promo materials -- again... !
:)

My "old" '88 model Furuno vhf is working fine, but one of these days......
:nerd:

LB

My previous comment on this was wrong. (Painfully poring through manuals, trying to get NMEA connections to work. Shoot me now. :headb: Didn't find what I was looking for, but I did come across the group calling page.)

You can program multiple groups into your radio, at least my radio. I had it backwards. You can make up your own group MMSI number as long as it's the right format (so that radios will recognize it) and nobody else in the area is using it. So somebody just has to make up, for example, a EY.O group MMSI. The first digit is zero (to distinguish groups from "real" individual MMSIs). The next three digits are usually the country code, so the group would have to decide whether to use the US or Canadian code. Or some other. The last five digits are any sequence you want.

If the group MMSI number is programmed into your radio, when someone calls the group, your radio will switch to the right channel and ring an alarm. If you miss it, the name of the caller and the time they called will stay on the display until you clear it. (At least with this radio.)