• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Time to Plan 2012 Rendez Vous...Where..When...Who???

wurzner

Member III
Time is fast approaching with respect to what are we going to do. I suggest the same venue as last year since that seems to work, but it needs to be a group decision.

Let's get talking since we need to likely firm things up THE BEGGINING OF JAN or risk not getting a location.

Cheers and Happy Holidays!

Shaun

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
2012 Rendezvous

Our first choice would be Port Townsend, second choice somewhere in BC. We plan to cruise to Desolation Sound again this summer. Need a contact point for Pat from Portland, he was interested in our diesel fuel tank. My cell number is 503-428-1464

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2012

Sidney Spit would be "good" ! Poet"s Cove would be better ! Last years Rendezvous was in the good old USA. It'd supposed to be "Canada" Their turn. So if your not coming please do not vote
or procrastinate. Just put it on your "Bucket" list and do it !

Thanks, Chas and Judi SV Eden 1986 E 30+ # 720

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
2012 Rendezvous

It's looking like Sidney Spit is the most popular destination for the rendezvous. Now we need to settle on a time frame. We will be coming up from Harstine Island, Jerrell's Cove Marina between Shelton and Olympia, WA. So time frame is the next consideration. We would prefer early July as the weather for the last rendezvous (June 17) was quite unsettled. Has anyone else thought about when?

Thanks, Marty and Walt Crichlow, SV "Brigadoon" E35 II

Last edited:

Frank Langer

1984 Ericson 30+, Nanaimo, BC
Early July in Sidney would enable us to attend our first rendezvous ever! We are in Europe before then, so can't attend a June weekend.
Frank
1984 E30+
Nanaimo

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2012

Hi !
dates for Rendezvous Father"s Day weekend would be June 16 17 this year !
In July we have 4th of July which is an American holiday on a Wednesday ?
How does July 7-8 sound to every one!?: At Sidney Spite Customs a Sidney or Bedwell
:egrin:
Chas and Judi
Sv Eden E 30+

D & DM Cahill

Member II
Rendezvous 2012

Hi All. We agree that it would be nice to have the rendezvous in Canada in 2012 in order to keep alternating the rendezvous locations between Canada and the US. Either Poet Cove or Sidney would work for us but if Sidney is decided upon, we would prefer Port of Sidney Marina instead of Sidney Spit. We are looking forward another great rendezvous. Thanks. Dave and Donna Marie Cahill

Frank Langer

Sidney spit is very close to Port of Sidney marina, so it would be easy for those who want to stay in the marina to join those anchoring at Sidney spit for the day, and return to the marina at night. The marina is quite lovely, so would also make a good site for the rendezvous, though would be much more expensive due to moorage costs.

Frank

InSync

Member II
2012 rendezvous

We are fine with either Port Sidney or Bedwell however, if pushed we would vote for Port Sidney. Mid June works for us, as does July 6 weekend. Looking forward to it! Helga & Joe

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
2012 Rendezvous

July 6,7,8 (Friday-Sunday) is looking good for us. Will be happy wherever the group decides upon. Sidney Spit sounds lovely, so does Port of Sidney. Would it be for all 3 days, (with 2 nights at the marina?) Would be happy to help with the rendezvous, just let let know how I can help.
Marty and Walt Crichlow, sv "Brigadoon" Ericson 35-2

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Rendezvous 2012

The only trouble with Port Sidney for a Rendezvous is : On the last two occasions we had our Rendezvous there was they did not put us in as a group but spread us all over the marina map !!
" Not Good" for visiting or showing that "WE" are together as a Rendezvous. Especially if it"s raining like the last time I attended. I would vote for Sidney North Saanich Yacht Club Friday night. (modest prices) especially if we told them we were coming and they cooked a Hip of beef with veggies? Then we go to Sidney spit in the morning -using mooring cans or, weather permitting a nice big raft up. Give more of your thoughts . We could also have a dance after dinner at Sidney North Sannich Yacht Club if we so desired. We can also get recipricals at the Capital City Yacht Club 100 yard acrose the Blue Heron Basin. We have room that way for over 25 boats. Plus marinas near by.

Chas and Judi EDEN E 30+ # 720:egrin:

Last edited:

wurzner

Member III
I started the thread to make sure we got some traction on getting a RV going this year, but I will have to bow out. I was willing do logistics if it was in Port Townsend, but imy plans to hit Barclay Sound make participating in a Sidney event unlikely at best. That being said, someone will need to take ownership of planning things once a location is confirmed since location still seems to be being firmed up.

If anyone can work meeting in Barclay after the event...I'd love to see you there.

Cheers!
Shaun

TS Farley

Member II
Rendezvous 2012

Hi all.

Love to see everyone but TS Farley has a shiny new engine so we're headed for Alaska. Gotta see the glaciers before they melt away completely.
Have a great time at the rendezvous.

Vivian

chasandjudy

chas and judy
2012 Rendezvous dates for PNW Ericsons

Hi all.

Love to see everyone but TS Farley has a shiny new engine so we're headed for Alaska. Gotta see the glaciers before they melt away completely.

Vivian

Looks as if by the poles,:egrin: most owners prefer Sidney Spit , now all we have to figure out are the dates;
Father's day week end June 15-17
American and Canadian holiday week July 6-8

My vote will be for the July week end because we could nip over to Roach Harbour for the
American festivities !

Chas and Judi sv Eden E 30+ # 720

MartaCrichlow

Walt and Marty Crichlow
TS Farley going to Alaska? So is Brigadoon,

Hi all.

Vivian

Hi Vivian aboard TS Farley. Walt and I are heading up to Alaska also this spring in company with a 34 Ft Trawler, we are leaving sometime early May. You can contact us at cell phone 503-428-1464 or martacrichlow@yahoo.com if you are interested in meeting somewhere sometime up there.

Brigadoon is a 1978-79 Ericson 35-II that we have restored. Perhaps you saw us at the 2011 Rendezvous in Pt Townsend. At least we should share radio call signs so we can listen for you up in those northern waters.

TS Farley

Member II
Rendezvous 2012 in Alaska, yes!

Hi Vivian aboard TS Farley. Walt and I are heading up to Alaska also this spring in company with a 34 Ft Trawler, we are leaving sometime early May. You can contact us at cell phone 503-428-1464 or martacrichlow@yahoo.com if you are interested in meeting somewhere sometime up there.

Brigadoon is a 1978-79 Ericson 35-II that we have restored. Perhaps you saw us at the 2011 Rendezvous in Pt Townsend. At least we should share radio call signs so we can listen for you up in those northern waters.

Hi Marta,

Yes, of course I remember you and Brigadoon and the amazing restoration.

That's fantastic that you are headed north as well; I'd love to meet up somewhere. My plan is to leave from Sointula at the end of May so we may find ourselves in the same area at some point.

A Pacific WaaayNorthwest Ericson rendezvous in Warm Spring Bay sounds good!

Vivian

rudy

Member II
2012 Rendezvous

Hi everyone,
Had a great time at our first rendezvous last year and looking forward to this years.
July would be great and Sidney or the San Juans is fine with us.
Rudy & Patricia
"Dawntreader" 35' Erickson

chasandjudy

chas and judy
Oendezvous 2012

Early July in Sidney would enable us to attend our first rendezvous ever! We are in Europe before then, so can't attend a June weekend.
Frank
1984 E30+
Nanaimo

Hi Frank hope to see you in Sidney July 7-8 at the Rendedvous' get our shops together at the Spit or Sidney North Saanich Yacht Club !!??
Chas and judy E 30+ #720:rolleyes::egrin:

Frank Langer

Chas & Judy, we are currently on a seven week trip through Europe, returning just a couple of weeks before before the rendezvous. We'll have to see if we are ready to get underway again so soon, but if it's an excuse to sail, then sounds good! :)
Hopefully we'll be able to make it.
Frank

InSync

Member II
Confirm location and dates

I just want to confirm the dates and location for the 2012 rendezvous. The final date seems to be July 7 and 8. Is this correct? Also, where is the rendezvous taking place this year? A few ideas have been tossed around but I couldn't come up with the posting that gave a definitive answer to this question. Many thanks! H.