• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Bedwell Harbor

Tom Plummer

Member III
I am seeing some posts about an Ericson rendezvous at Bedwell Harbor over the Fathers day weekend. Is this for Canadians only?

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Ericson owners getting together??

I had not heard of any Bedwell Harbour whing-ding, but another Ericson owner sent the message that follows.
I believe that Don Kohlmann, President of Pacific Seacraft, is the former president of Ericson Yachts
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
You're Invited to the Year 2001 Seacraft Rendezvous in Port Townsend Washington
June 22, 23 and 24, 2001 To obtain registration form go to: http://www.seacraft.com

Please join us for this almost annual gathering to meet old friends and make new ones. You're welcome to attend whether you bring your boat or not. This event promises to fuel those cruising feelings, give you an opportunity to swap yarns and trade boat project ideas, test your sailing prowlness & knowledge and finally to taste once again the product of Kim and Eric Stover's culinary talents.

Check out our Special Guests: We are extremely pleased to have finally caught up with Nigel Calder, author of many 'bibles' of boat maintenance, and bribed him to attend our rendezvous. He will give 2 seminars: "Designing a DC System for a Cruising Boat" and "Installing a DC System on a Cruising Boat". Plus Nigel will be around all weekend to answer all your boat project questions.

Dick and Chris Marshall, owners of a Pacific Seacraft 37, will be our Friday Evening presenters. Dick and Chris have cruised extensively in Northwest waters and Dick loves to share these adventures. We will be going to Alaska with Dick on Friday evening.

David Kroenke and Lynda Rickey, past Pacific Seacraft 37, now Mason 44 owners, have been cruising Mexico for two years now and will share their experiences on Saturday evening.

And Don Kohlmann, President of Pacific Seacraft, will be on hand for the weekend and will update us on what's new and exciting down at the factory.

All activities will be centered around the Pt Hudson Resort pavilion at the marina. It is located on the north side of the marina, next to the marina office. We have reserved 40 slips on the North Side of the Marina. If we have over 40 boats, we will have to utilize the South dock

The weekend will begin on Friday, with check-in starting at noon. The afternoon will be informal, visiting other boats, with the first seminar by Nigel Calder beginning at 4:00.

Friday evening will be our traditional potluck BBQ, to get everyone acquainted. Salad, bread and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided, as well as a BBQ grill. You bring something to BBQ. If you are not bringing a boat, there are grocery stores nearby. Also, bring a dessert or side dish to share. The evening presentation will be by Dick Marshall, titled "the Fjords of Southeast Alaska".

Saturday morning will be Part 2 of Nigel's Presentation, followed by the "BIG" fun race. When you check in on Friday you will be given instructions for designing and building a sailing vessel, which you may build according to certain class rules that will be provided, which you will then race for the gold on Saturday afternoon. Bring your creativity and some tools.

Saturday evening will be celebrated as a Mexican Fiesta. Wear your best sombrero, as we will have special awards for the best and most creative. Eric & Kim Stover will once again cater dinner and it will of course be a Mexican Fare. You won't go away hungry. Awards will follow dinner. We will break a PiÒata and have "Cruising Mexico" presentation by David Kroenke and Lynda Rickey. You may remember David & Lynda a few years ago share their cruise in the Queen Charlotte Islands.

We have lots of prizes donated from the boating community to be given out. West Marine's contribution is making it possible to bring Nigel Calder to our rendezvous. We sincerely appreciate all the support we receive from all the marine business' that contribute to this event.

Remember: YOU MUST BE PRESENT TO ATTEND

To get a registration form go to: http://www.seacraft.com
Or
E-mail Tom Cooper at: tom@seacraft.com

SEACRAFT
927 N. Northlake Way, Suite 100
Seattle, WA 98103
Email: tom@seacraft.com
Web: http://www.seacraft.com
Phone: 206.547.2755 Fax: 206.547.1590

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
No, the Canadians are doing their thing in Bedwell Hbr - this must be the Seacraft event Stan was mentioning...

"You must be present to attend." - What does that mean? :D

I'll try to make it to this thing - anyone else interested? Any of you guys coming to the McMicken Ise event in two weeks (Memorial Day weekend)?

//sse

Tom Plummer

Member III
Sean,

Which thing are you going to try to make? The Bedwell thing or the Port Townsend thing. I am going to try and make the Bedwell thing and the Liberty Bay thing. But I am not to sure about the Port Townsend thing. No how is that for a bunch of things.

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Well, we'll be down at McMicken Ise weekend after this (we're going to Dockton on Saturday to shake down) for sure.

I'm thinking of trying to go to the PS thing at Port Townsend.... Only problem is I'll have to take a day off from work or something to get up and back in time....

//sse