• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Isthmus for Thanksgiving ?

Sven

Seglare
We're going out later than planned but we will be going the the harbor reef for Thanksgiving dinner. We'll sail over on Wednesday.

We've been fighting the Windlass cabling problem the last several days, trying to find the path of least resistance, but finally got the difficult part of the run done. We are going back East next week so we won't being staying at the Isthmus for a full week but we'll still use the Winter rate discount (normally pay for 2 days and $2 and you get the week, because of the holiday it is pay for 3 plus $2 this week).

Give us a call on 9 if you are out there.

-Sven

Dave N

Member III
I wish....

We are soon to be ice bound. There is something wrong with this picture. Have fun.

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
We're going out later than planned but we will be going the the harbor reef for Thanksgiving dinner. We'll sail over on Wednesday.

We've been fighting the Windlass cabling problem the last several days, trying to find the path of least resistance, but finally got the difficult part of the run done. We are going back East next week so we won't being staying at the Isthmus for a full week but we'll still use the Winter rate discount (normally pay for 2 days and $2 and you get the week, because of the holiday it is pay for 3 plus $2 this week).

Give us a call on 9 if you are out there.

-Sven

Hi Sven,

There is a slim possibility that I may go. I do have crew, but I am looking at the weather, and not sure if I want to hunker down in the cabin with him if it's raining. I was at Avalon last year and we had the Santa Ana's whip up early on Turkey day as you may recall. Pretty rude awakening with big waves in the harbor at 7am. :scared: Sailed back in the afternoon after the second wind event came through. I personally like Avalon better for winter visit's because there are thing's to do ashore out of the weather. :xmas_grin I will hail you if we decide to go for it. May not arrive until after dark.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...793945313&site=lox&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Sven

Seglare
Hi Jeff,

I remember your washing machine experience :egrin:

Hope to see you out there. Bring a Kindle along in case it rains and you're stuck down below !

-Sven

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Hi Jeff,

I remember your washing machine experience :egrin:

Hope to see you out there. Bring a Kindle along in case it rains and you're stuck down below !

-Sven

Better yet a good old fashioned bound paper book, after I read it I can always burn it to keep warm.:egrin:

toddbrsd

Ex-Viking, Now Native American
Safety First!

Always enjoy your videos Jeff.......and your lifeline is not secured because????

Jeff Asbury

Principal Partner
Yup, looks like I'm going for it.

Yup, looks like I'm going for it. Won't decide until I get out there as to if we go to Two Harbors or Avalon, if the winds taking us to Avalon like it did last year, we go to Avalon. If there's little or no wind probably go to Two Harbors. Casting of Turkey Day, heading back on Sat. :egrin: Hell, I spent the last two months working on the boat, time to use it!:cheers: Happy Holidays All!

Sven

Seglare
Maybe we'll see you out there.

We're casting off this morning.

Have a good turkey even if we don't see you out there !

-Sven

Sven

Seglare
Hi Jeff,

Thanks Sven, have a safe passage, we're casting off around 10:00 tomorrow. Still undecided as to which place.

When did you sail (?) back to Cabrillo ? When we checked yesterday you were already gone !

We had no wind at all on the return trip :esad: motored all the way.

-Sven

bayhoss

Member III
Cool video

Jeff, I thought the video was pretty cool. Caught the link to the others as well.

Best always,
Frank