• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Ericson/Olson 34 now on Yachtworld

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
I agree!
With the newer and higher-hp Universal diesel it sounds very nice.
Recessions are not good for sellers, but are sure great for buyers...
:rolleyes:

Best,
Loren

MarcusJtown

Member II
Yikes

Hope the guy I'm buying from doesn't see that.... He might up his price!

And is it just me, or is there no salon table? The one I'm looking at has a drop leaf table in the center of the salon, was that an option?

Last edited:

Steve Mac

olson 34 #5

I had some trouble getting the forum to accept my pictures. but here they are, don't have a lot of action pix .

Sails great ---track wonderfully ,wheel steering was new to me ,25yrs with a tiller.

Cruise with a #3 on the furler moves very well .

I replaced all running rigging and some of the deck layout for my taste.

Motors great powers to 7 knots . Below layout is great , like the head aft and cabin .

Great purchase very pleased .

Attachments

• 1988 olson 34 hull #5 2a 000.jpg
    1988 olson 34 hull #5 2a 000.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 1988 olson 34 hull #5 2d 00.jpg
    1988 olson 34 hull #5 2d 00.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 1,082
  • 2-WYC_Wed_Night_2013_07_03_152.jpg
    2-WYC_Wed_Night_2013_07_03_152.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 263
  • 1988 olson 34  hull #5 1j.jpg
    1988 olson 34 hull #5 1j.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 485

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Table Solidarity

the was being refinished goes right behind mast --its in now

When we bought our boat, we liked the fact that the table base was screwed down, fore n aft, into some teak cleats under the sole.
It could still flex the sole, however.

So when we took it out (along with the sole pieces) for refinishing I put a piece of anodized alum. flat bar under each end and tapped some ss machine screws into each plate, thru the sole.

Then I bolted a "near invisible" (to any casual look) piece of aluminum angle to the front of the table just under the top flange. The edge of that angle piece fits snuggly into the slot on the mast.

Since then, anyone - even an overweight guy like me - can totally brace himself on that table in a seaway and It Does Not Move. :nerd:

There are some general pix in the huge thread on sole refinishing, and I have some pix of the aluminum pieces if any other O-34 owners might be interested.

Cheers,
Loren

CTOlsen

Member III
Looks Great!

We also have the table removed, but are having a smaller one made. We've been sailing without it, and have started to miss it, generally eating in the cockpit with a fold-out table there. I'll post when complete.
Again, she looks great; congrats.
CTO

MarcusJtown

Member II
Hey Steve,

I've seen you out on the bay a couple times, I keep my Olson 34 in Jamestown at Clark Boat Yard. Raced with you in the 2000 club race around Prudence last year. I think you had Matt Largess on your boat. His son Gary sails with me sometimes. I'm sure I'll see you around this summer, and I'll make sure and say hi.

Marcus