• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Forespar Bowlight and Foredeck Light

gulfcoaster

Member III
I need to replace both my bow and foredeck lightbulbs on my '87 32-3. The manual specifies Forespar #1416 for the bow light and #1367 for the foredeck light with aquasignal also #904-00234. I can't find these online and West Marine only carries Ancor with no cross-reference guide. I'm sure somebody has replaced these two bulbs and probably knows the Ancor replacement. Any help would be appreciated. I'd rather go up one time with the proper replacements in hand!

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Here is a lamp cross reference chart:

http://mastlight.com/Bulb_list.html

It is set up for Seafit lamps, but you can get the seafit # for Aqua Signal and then find the Ancor # for that Seafit lamp.

I just searched for ancor lamp cross reference and this was the first site I looked at.

gulfcoaster

Member III
:mad:No luck locating these bulbs. There is no one out there who knows what bulbs can be used as replacements for the two mentioned above? Lots of views but few suggestions!

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
A different tack

New fixtures may be in order.

I have a 1988 E32-200 and when I went up on the mast to determine why nothing electrical was working I discovered the problem was not only the bulbs but the fixtures were badly corroded as well. In addition the lenses were cloudy so as to prevent just about any light from escaping anyway. So the I replaced both fixtures with new lamps. The steaming or mast head light is an inexpensive Aqua signal 25 series with built in foredeck light. What fun...just like the 42 foot Cabo Rico next door. I don't recall the details on the anchor light but it was an Aqua Signal as well. Now days there is probably a LED bulb for these lights if you are really serious about saving electricity.

Be sure everyone knows to tread lightly when you are up in the chair. My first inspection of the lamps was enriched by the Admiral stepping off the boat to take the "director of boat security", Lucille, for a walk. Talk about a thrill. Later I called Thumper my cardiologist and cancelled my annual appointment. I could tell after that excitement I wouldn't be needing him for a long while. <label for="rb_iconid_18">
heart.png
</label>

Larry Lee
Annabele Lee
Ericson 32-300
Savannah, GA

gulfcoaster

Member III
Larry. I just re-read your post. My anchor light is fine. My problem is the combo light at the first spreader. It's a combo steaming {inside w/lens} and a foredeck light which shines down to the deck. Is this the Aquasignal you are referring to?:confused:

Lawrence B. Lee

Member III
Yes, the midmast light is an Aqua Signal 25 series combination steaming light and foredeck light with separate circuit breakers on the panel.
The PO at some point replaced the original fixture with the aforesaid ASignal device. Not wishing to point fingers (the ship's log points to the Mrs.) but the replacement was mis-wired at the mast and simply did not work. Took me a couple of climbs to figure that out. The steaming light is a festoon type and the foredeck is a wedge bulb.

Good luck.

Larry

gulfcoaster

Member III
Called Forespar per Lorens' suggestion. They very nicely told me the bulbs have been discontinued since the mid-"90's. Before I replace the unit, I will pull the bulbs and see if I can find a match at W.M. Thanks for the help.