• Untitled Document

Join us on April 26th, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

April Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

WANTED: Ericson 38 200

Roger Ware

Member III
Cash buyer seriously searching for an Ericson 38 200 (1986 - 1990) in good condition or better. Probably should be no further west than Lake Michigan. Roger Ware, Kingston, ON.

azcarlos

Hey there,

There's an absolutely drop-dead E38-200, 1988 here in my neck of the woods. I just took a look at it myself and was totally envious! I met the owner at the yard where she was having the bottom repainted about two weeks ago. He's a really nice guy who knows his stuff. The boat is being offered through a broker, Ventura Yacht Sales. They're online.

Though too far to travel, you shold use this one to measure all others by.

Good luck.

Carlos Peinado
Ventura, CA

escapade

Inactive Member
Roger;
We went through same situation 1 1/2 yrs ago looking for an E34. Found 1 for sale in Great Lakes and after we made an offer, it was removed from market. Ended up buying a boat outside Atlanta, Ga. and had it trucked to Michigan. Otherwise we'd still be looking. I haven't checked out the brokers lately, but I wouldn't rule out the trucking option too quickly, especially if you are interested in this particular boat as we were. Ericson's aren't real common in the Great Lakes area. We had found several boats on the coasts (east & west) but not in the Lakes. The 38-200 is an excellent boat and I can understand why you want one. As I recall, it was about $2.50 per mile for the marine hauler, which included all load permits, etc. Good luck in your search and keep us posted on your progress.
Good luck & sail fast
Bud E34 "Escapade"

Roger Ware

Member III
The Ventura CA E38 200

I have looked at this on yachtworld, and even spoken to the broker. Trucking a 38 to Ontario would be around US$4,000, perhaps 5,000. But you are right, it sets a standard. Cheers, Roger.