• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

iPhone problems again...

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Noticed tonight that I am again having a problem editing posts using my iPhone. I can reply to a post, submit it and it appears in the thread. If I then try to edit the post I can type in the new information but clicking "Save" does not do anything; the post remains unchanged.

I tried rebooting the iPhone a couple of times but no joy...

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Mark,
I know nothing about the iPhone, still being only a regular cell phone user.... but with this sort of problem often it helps if it can be replicated on another vBulletin-built site.
Have you tried the same edit function on the "Sailnet Community" site or even the "Yachting and Boating World Forums" ? (Both using same site software)

I realize that you may not be registered on these other forums (indeed, unlike me ... you may actually have a real life outside the internet), but if you are this might be a way to compare notes for trouble-shooting. :nerd:

Best,
Loren

Last edited:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Tried it on the Sailnet site and was able to edit and save a post.

Still not able to save an edited post here.

Another quirk is that on the Sailnet site when I edit I cannot scroll to the bottom of the original post to append anything, but I can edit within the area of the post that is visible in the edit window. Strange...

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Smart Phone Access

vBulletin has a smartphone app that we can install to allow users to hit the site and post threads via their smartphone.

I was planning on doing that in the fall - primarily because I'm in the middle of writing two theses, and also because the software is in version 1 - and I am hearing complaints/teething problems about it.

The site should be operable from the smartphone anyhow - although less easily than with an app which makes the tiny screen much more user friendly (think of the Bank of America app).

I'll take a look into the controls tonight and check with the publisher about this....

//sse

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I have no problem accessing the site or viewing/posting; the only glitch I have noticed is the edit function.

If I could compose my posts correctly the first time I probably wouldn't even need it...