iPhone problems again...

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Noticed tonight that I am again having a problem editing posts using my iPhone. I can reply to a post, submit it and it appears in the thread. If I then try to edit the post I can type in the new information but clicking "Save" does not do anything; the post remains unchanged.

I tried rebooting the iPhone a couple of times but no joy...

Last edited:

Loren Beach

O34 - Portland, OR
Senior Moderator
Blogs Author
Hi Mark,
I know nothing about the iPhone, still being only a regular cell phone user.... but with this sort of problem often it helps if it can be replicated on another vBulletin-built site.
Have you tried the same edit function on the "Sailnet Community" site or even the "Yachting and Boating World Forums" ? (Both using same site software)

I realize that you may not be registered on these other forums (indeed, unlike me ... you may actually have a real life outside the internet), but if you are this might be a way to compare notes for trouble-shooting. :nerd:

Best,
Loren

Last edited:

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
Tried it on the Sailnet site and was able to edit and save a post.

Still not able to save an edited post here.

Another quirk is that on the Sailnet site when I edit I cannot scroll to the bottom of the original post to append anything, but I can edit within the area of the post that is visible in the edit window. Strange...

Sean Engle

Your Friendly Administrator
Administrator
Founder
Smart Phone Access

vBulletin has a smartphone app that we can install to allow users to hit the site and post threads via their smartphone.

I was planning on doing that in the fall - primarily because I'm in the middle of writing two theses, and also because the software is in version 1 - and I am hearing complaints/teething problems about it.

The site should be operable from the smartphone anyhow - although less easily than with an app which makes the tiny screen much more user friendly (think of the Bank of America app).

I'll take a look into the controls tonight and check with the publisher about this....

//sse

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
I have no problem accessing the site or viewing/posting; the only glitch I have noticed is the edit function.

If I could compose my posts correctly the first time I probably wouldn't even need it...