• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Looking for a good used 135-150% for a 35-3

Jlroberts280

Member I
I am interested in a good used headsail preferrably a racing sail or close qualtity with little use. Maybe their is someone out there who races seriously and has recently replaced their sails after only a few seasons, or someone who doesn't use their full size sail anymore might be interested in selling it.

Sincerley,
Jon Roberts
jlroberts280(at)yahoo.com

thomthod

Member II
Alot of people have recomended to me Bacon and associates out of Maryland. I have been told if you see a sail listed for 500 you can make offers of 375-400 and they will take it. They like to move thier inventories.

http://www.baconsails.com/

cm.johnson

Head Sail Dimensions?

Jon,
What are the dimensions of the sail you're looking for and what is the attachment technology(hankon, #6 luff tape)? Someone might have what you're looking for sitting and would let one go for a very good price. (I'm thinking of me... I have a number of head sails from other boats that I was just thinking I needed to get them out of my garage - I'm not in sales business) Also, through the years, I've bought used sails for assorted boats that I've owned and generaly had good success. I've bought from atlantic sail traders, bacon& associates, porpise sails. I've just joined this site because I've just bought an Ericson 34T and am looking to learn more about the boat.
Chris

Rick R.

Contributing Partner
Racing Sail

I have a racing sail that the PO gave me. It is made out of a super light material and I believe is a 150.

PM me your phone number and I will call. It comes with a bag.
Rick

treilley

Sustaining Partner
I am interested in a good used headsail preferrably a racing sail or close qualtity with little use. Maybe their is someone out there who races seriously and has recently replaced their sails after only a few seasons, or someone who doesn't use their full size sail anymore might be interested in selling it.

Sincerley,
Jon Roberts
jlroberts280(at)yahoo.com

Jon, keep in mind that as soon as you go over 135 you take a rating hit of 3 seconds. And another when you go over 155. Try to get something close to 135 but not over or something close to 155. A 140 is a waste as is a 160. And nothing bigger than a 155 will fit on the 35-3 as the genoa tracks are not long enough not to mention a complete overlap of the main.