• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

E35 mkII cockpit cushions

Barr88

Member II
So the local guy who does this sort of stuff (biminis, cushions, sail repair) told me his closed cell foam manufacturer Burt down and went out of biz. Can't find good material anywhere he claims. Who do I talk to. How big of a project/investment to do it myself? Any advice?

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
You might want to look at Bottomsiders, too. C-cushions look like they might be a little less expensive. Bottomsiders lists a 4-cushion set (without boat name or pinstripe) for the 35 MKII for $1,228; C-Cushion lists a 4-cushion set for $1,000. Don't know if I am looking at the exact boat, but you can check.

http://www.bottomsiders.com/

I have Bottomsiders in my 30+ and am pretty happy with them. They are starting to show some wear but they fit well and are faily comfortable. A good option to add would be the snaps that hold the cushions in place, otherwise they tend to slide off the seats when heeled.

Sven

Seglare
You might want to look at Bottomsiders, too.

Ok, we just changed our minds :egrin:

We're going with Mark's suggestion because they have the pattern for our boat !

Mark, did you get any kind of snaps for yours ? Should you have ?

-Sven

Barr88

Member II
Thanks rosco. I'll look into that. But I must say I was pleasantly surprised at the bottomsiders price and how many different models they have. Sven, aren't you glad I started this thread! Haha. I keep starting new threads because it's hard to search the site on my phone. I hope bringing up some good old post isn't too annoying. Anyway thanks to everyone. My boat is really starting to show some real progress

mherrcat

Contributing Partner
The Bottomsiders cushions were on the boat when I bought it. They do not have "hold-down" snaps but I think I saw on the Bottomsiders website that they are an option.

If and when I have to replace them I would consider the snaps. It's kind of annoying when you are hit with a gust and the cushion on the windward side, along with anything on it, slides off onto the cockpit floor.

Last edited:

Sven

Seglare
I hope bringing up some good old post isn't too annoying. Anyway thanks to everyone.

"All the answers are known, it is the questions we have to find".

If we were to treat EY.O as a dead archive of only old posts it would indeed be boring and awful. Keep asking, there may be new answers too as time has passed.

-Sven