• Untitled Document

Join us on March 29rd, 7pm EST

for the CBEC Virtual Meeting

All EYO members and followers are welcome to join the fun and get to know the guest speaker!

See the link below for login credentials and join us!

March Meeting Info

(dismiss this notice by hitting 'X', upper right)

Securing a laminate cabin sole

Eric30

Member I
cabinsolelam.jpg

I have a laminate cabin sole that looks like the above picture. I had a leak in my head over the years and about a one foot section is not attached to the boat floor any more. The problem is is that the section that is not attached is in the middle of a long piece which is attached at both ends. To fix it I was thinking I could either rip up one side an then glue down (How does one rip out a section without damaging it), cut the material in a straight line and glue or lastly try and find a way to inject some glue under the loose material and then place a weight on top until it dried. Before I begin this project I thought I would ask for opinions.

Thanks

Tom Metzger

Sustaining Partner
Eric - Have you considered using bronze flat head screws, or stainless painted an appropriate shade of brown? :thinker: It could save you from an ugly job.

I won't tell if you don't.

rwthomas1

Sustaining Partner
When you say laminate, do you mean a veneer lifting off the plywood floor or do you mean the entire floor is separating from the understructure of the hull? Either way you may me able to drill 1/8" holes if you can figure out where the supports are underneath, inject a slightly thickened epoxy and then put a heavy weight on it. That or screws, or cut out and re-bond. RT